or Connect

Posts by macypickle

I know everyone has a different mindset on this.. But I am looking for any and all input! Please! Ds1 had some mild sensory problems as a baby that were solved by age 2 (OT since 3 weeks old) and verbal delay until age 2.5. .. so I delayed his vaccines until age 4. He has received 2 dtap so far. We would have been further along but with the daptacel shortage we got delayed. Ds2 is 2 (almost 3) and has none. He has never had any sensory issues etc. I keep going back and...
So now I'm in a dilemma as the only office id switch to permanently that has it is 45 min away from where we live.
Thanks!! Well the good news is I found it at two other drs offices. The bad news is our current ped Said I can't go back to her office if I get it there. Wth?! She can't get it in. It made me really pissed off to say the least as I know For a fact she prefers that brand as well. I called pharmacies etc they all say their wholesaler is out. I called sanofi and they said since the shortage it's on allocation so drs have to get it directly from them. I don't know why my Peds...
I have a 2 and 4 year old who are unvaxed at this point. The only vaccine that has always made me uneasy that they don't have is the tetanus. But ds1 had sensory issues at 3 weeks old and ds2 has mild seizures. So .. I delayed them. Ds1 just recently turned 4 which was what I was waiting for. The dilemma is this, we recently got a puppy and although we are training her and they are never left unsupervised with the puppy , she jumped up and scratched ds2's face with her...
I have two kids 4 and 2. Both unvaxed. Ds1 had sensory issues when younger and my second son has febrile seizures so vaxes always worried me. We recently got a new puppy and my ped mentioned dog feces and tetanus. Is dogs + kids a much higher tetanus risk? The puppy scratched ds2 today as well by mistake (i was right there and intervened right away) but I kind of freaked out. Also my Peds office said daptacel was on back order and all they have infanrix which also didn't...
Hi Dr Bob, My 19 month old recently got a splinter in his foot from a wood deck in one of his toes. I think the tip off it broke off I think so the remaining part is very small (can barely see it) and hard to get out as it is under his skin at this point. My husband suggested it work it's way out so I gave it a break but upon reading more, I think I just need to get it out. I was wondering if you think he is at any increased risk for tetanus because of a splinter and...
Thank you for all the advice!! I did not know how much B6 to start with and I also didn't know it could affect my supply. I have always had a bit of oversupply though so hopefully I will be ok. I am going to try the B6 for now and see how that goes
Hi! Not sure if I am posting this in the right thread.but was thinking someone might be able to give me some advice. My son is almost 14 months old and he still nurses quite a bit. I got AF back when he was about 6 months old. I have been charting CM and temps and my cycle is about 40 days long, but my LP is only 10 days it seems. From what I read that seems kind of borderline. Anyone have any suggestions.. about how to lengthen it..or do you think I *should* try to? Or...
im in the exact same predicament.. he had his 2 month appt today and i told his ped i was not comfortable with doing any vaccines at this time and she said thats fine but she would reallylike me to consider the Hib for 4 months..