or Connect

Posts by FatherTryingToHelp

We're thinking of an assessment, honestly I don't think he is Autistic, or if he is, I think it's on the low-end of the scale, the only thing that worries me slightly is the amount he plays with other three year olds.   My wife is in therapy, goodness alone knows if it's helping, some days it seems to be, other days I wonder if it's ever going to get anywhere.   My wife isn't a stay at home mum, but she doesn't have a full time job either, right now she has a...
Motherhood, and our child, is a constant disappointment to my partner.   I was taken a bit aback, I knew that my wife had always had some problems since our son was born, for various and sundry reasons his birth was complicated, coupled with either PPD or Bipolar disorder kicking in shortly after he was born, led to even further problems. However now at 3 years old I feel our son is a relatively good kid, he does do a few things that make us a little worried that he...
Going to give that a try, we've tried it in the past, but we'll see, I've told him he'll get a Gummy Bear or Smartie every time he tells us he needs to go pee and then goes pee, see if that gets him back into the swing of things. The only problem is his memory is good, and we're going to have a fight when we stop wanting to give him them, but I'll live with that I suppose.  
We started potty training our (then) two year old around Christmas, he took about three days to get to grips with it, and then after three days of peeing on the floor every time he suddenly got it, was happily telling us he needed to pee in the potty, or even peeing, poo was another matter entirely but that's not the point of this post, so I won't go into that.   In the last couple of weeks he's suddenly taking to just peeing in his underwear, doesn't even bother...
Quote: Originally Posted by PPDHelp What she needs now more than anything is your support. you are a brave man for being with your wife through this hard time. please do not give up And she gets that... While I vent here, I am, pretty much, always supportive of my wife. There are occasions where I will say "I just don't know how to help with that, other than by being here" but I don't say I'm going to leave or anything like that, nor would...
Still no real change, it was better for a while on the zyprexa/in the partial hospitalization program, doesn't seem to be getting any better now, in fact seems to be getting worse, she's well up there in the "theraputic" doses of all the things that the Dr's have told her to take, but no real change. It sucks, good days are bearable, bad days are awful, I've got no idea what else to do, I have to say, the days when my wife begs me to leave her and take our son to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 Your life shouldn't have to totally change when the baby is born I'll take issue with this in a second, still going, still not really getting consistent good sleep, although someone at her PHP program (a nurse or instructor, not sure what they are really called) suggested that she might goto a sleep clinic to confirm that there is nothing else going on, I know that pre-baby my wife used to always sleep on her...
Again, with the posting I know, two posts in a month, and both relatively posative. Well, it's a new year, new insurance company, and so far things are good, she's gone back into the PHP program for a bit, although from the sounds of it that won't be that long, she's not finding it as "useful" as the first time, which I'm somewhat hoping means that she's getting better, and beginning to just realise she doesn't need the program. Dr there also feels like she doesn't...
I guess it's been longer than I remembered, sorry, so here is an update First, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas, I really hope that everyone finds the time to enjoy at least a small part of this season. So, lets see, where are we, since I last posted, still fighting insurance company, although they have ended up paying for most things now, just have one large hospital bill oustanding, although that still adds an enormous amount of anxiety to my wifes...
Back again, but just a checkin (or should that be check-up?) Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 Once she is settled on meds and dosages and STAYS there for 6-8 weeks, her sleep should get much much better. Things are much better still, but still not great, Insurance is doing a huge run-around and we now have tens of thousands of dollars of medical bills headed our way, which isn't fun, and oh yeah, stress doesn't help (her), however, overall...