or Connect

Posts by joates

Quote: Originally Posted by BalconyBirdie Looking for thoughts/suggestions.. does your babywearing change during the summer? We have a moby and love it, but we sometimes got hot in it even during the winter. It gets very hot and humid here during the summer and I'm worried the moby will be too heavy. Am I worrying for nothing? I've been considering getting a second carrier anyway and am leaning toward the ergo.. it seems like it might be cooler? Do...
Quote: Originally Posted by LoMaH Yes, I know what you mean. But, since there's a difference between coming from a Latin American Spanish-speaking country than having Spanish ancestry from Europe, the term is used inaccurately and just adds to the confusion, I think. If we follow along that line of thinking: multi-generational Americans and Canadians would all be referred to as Anglos, simply because they speak English. We don't put the Brazilians and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaesun's Dad Which points out the head scratcher I encountered filling mine out I'm part Spanish, as in Spain, but certainly never considered myself Hispanic. I just put [x] White for myself and both [x] White, [x] Korean for my son. I'm still baffled as to why Spaniard is included there. Hispanic is not a race, and the reason that many of the countries we think of as hispanic are hispanic due to Spaniards...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stevie [COLOR="Red"] My friends and co workers who are black are evenly divided between those who have natural hair and those who chemically straighten. So far, she still prefers to have natrual hair, but it doesn't mean she doesn't wish for easier care hair. not good or bad hair, just more time intensive. She's also aware that her hair is not straight and will never be straight, but that doesn't mean she doesn't voice her...
oops
I like Dallas, but it is very conservative. I'm kind of crunchy, black, liberal, interracially married, and an atheist. My family kind of sticks out like a sore thumb where I live. I live in Collin County, which is very not crunchy, black, liberal, or atheist So it does get frustrating. I would suggest like others to find yahoo! groups to find others like you or meetup.com groups. This has proven successful for us and I have found some really nice people. In terms...
Quote: Originally Posted by bw3 Hi I live in the houston, texas/Sugar Land area in an apartment. We are 30 and planning for a baby. I am self employed, and do not have insurance. I earn a decent amount 100K so i do not qualify for any assistance, and my wife does not work. I help out family so I pretty much have next to nothing saved. So we have no insurance right now, and all the insurance places charge a lot for selft emplyed. I do not...
OMG How horrible, why would anyone do that. If she wanted cloth diapers, she should have bought some, and then to lie on a child. Some people just have no sense of decency
Quote: Originally Posted by Mayrigah I am looking for a friend of mine to find a doctor that is pro-natural childbirth and pro-midwife. Basically, I am hoping to help a friend find a DAllas version of what I have in Austin with Dr. Sebestyen's practice: a combination of medical and midwifery. Any Dallas folks out there can give me some leads? I know this is late, but you could try the doctors at the Woman's Health Alliance. They have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by singin'intherain How would you deal with this statement? It came from my dp's daughter, via my dd, so I didn't get to respond directly anyway. But it is so disturbing, it just haunts me. Dp is Cameroonian, and the kids bio mom is white. Bio mom's mother, who the kids spent a lot of time with for a while, apparently told dp's dd that she is "really white". Luckily she is no longer allowed near the kids for that and many other...