or Connect

Posts by mariag

once again a million thank yous....I will write more when I have two free hands, but just wanted to let you know how very much I appreciate this.   maria    
I am 35 and just 2 1/2 weeks after having my 4th baby(water birth, fast pushing phase).   I saw my midwife on last wed after knowing something crazy was going on and she told me I have one of the worst cystocle/rectoceles she has seen which obviously was pretty upsetting to hear.  I also had severe pubic symphasis/si joint problems during pregnancy and had separation during delivery.  I had a 4th degree episiotomy/vaccuum extraction with my first and think I may have had...
thanks I'll check it out...
First of all THANK YOU so much for writing  and taking the time to share so much information.  I knew something wasn't quite right and when my midwife told me what was going on on top of the pelvic separation I just felt so saddened.  It was nice to know I am not alone and also to get some feedback as she just told me to order a book, start exercising and that we would start PT after my 6 week appt....   When you have a moment I have a couple questions.  For the...
I just had my 4th baby (great delivery in the water, no tearing) 16 days ago and today saw my midwife who confirmed I have severe cystocele (the most severe case she has seen) and general pelvic floor problems.  In addition my pelvic bone separated during labor.  I am going to start exercises and PT at 6 weeks but am feeling pretty upset right now.  Has anyone had this/know of good treatment options/etc...  my husband is wondering if we should see an obgyn for their...
sadly I have no connections to ventura county but am hard pressed to think you can't hook up with some groups there.  I am glad you made one connections and if nothing else maybe the two of you can start a Spanish playgroup.  Check out libraries and even just search meetup.com and the like and see where it leads you.  And don't fret about your accent, just build a community and I know you will do awesome.   best of luck, Maria      
heybabyquepaso-  if you can I would say that the most successful model I have seen for keeping Spanish long term is for you to do something like MLAF (minority language at family) or MLAH (minority language at home)  If my husband were a fluent speaker, its what we would do.  The drawback on each parent only speaking one language (I think) is that if you are not in a community where the minority language is easy to plug into the child doesn't hear much in the way of back...
I grew up bilingual (spanish/english) and my husband is an english speaker (always trying to learn spanish) I have always only spoken to the kids (3,5,7) in Spanish, while DH speaks in English (thought throwing out spanish when he can).  So far they are all pretty balanced although the three year old still prefers Spanish.  We live in the US so I feel like its always an uphill battle to keep up the Spanish.  We homeschool and I am the one at home so reading and writing...
I would not worry too much that it is anything serious, but try to do things that help with general vaginal discomfort (which, I have learned, is not that uncommon in girls).  Have her wear only !00% cotton undies, loose fitting clothes, no undies at night (air flow to the area is good),  soak in a plain water bath for 10-15 min a day (no soap, bubbles etc...) make sure she isn't wiping/bathing with soap directly onto her vagina, make sure she is wiping well (no buildup...
btdt and I agree with lots of the suggestions help with housecleaning (a service probably easier to take than friends doing it) meals brought over help with childcare (did I read she has a toddler to watch as well???) visits to keep connected to the world (its really isolating) laptop books fun little things snacks phonecalls   good for you for thinking about her!