or Connect

Posts by Maeve

Thank you for that! s Honestly, it's because of the comments I knew I would get that I didn't share my full birth story after my youngest was born. I knew I just wouldn't be able to handle the negative comments. I'm just too raw after I have a baby.
I'm confused. You said you don't speak to or see them, but you're ok with giving them gift ideas? If I wasn't going to have a relationship with someone, I wouldn't accept gifts, much less offer suggestions. And if you're husband feels that strongly about keeping it, why not keep it for a while and if (or more likely, when) it gets in the way, then talk to him again about donating it. Or (since you are talking to the inlaws) just explain to them that you just don't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by TCMoulton I absolutely valued the journey of childbirth, my journey just happened to include an epidural. It is these kinds of statements that really offend me - who is anyone else to decide what I value and what I don't based on my educated decision to have an epidural during birth. Thank you! I completely agree. The attitude that one type of birth is better and more special than another is one more thing that keeps...
Oh wow. No help here, but good for you! What kind of training, etc did you have to go through?
So I've been doing this for a while now and I don't think it's helping me lose weight. Changing my workouts to be more productive and watching the junk has helped though. Once I started that I lost about 12 lbs. I'm still taking the co though, but for health benefits, not weight loss.
I agree with the preious 2 posters. I think you did the right thing. And congrats on the new baby! Enjoy this time, it passes so quickly.
I would be concerned about not having proper places to sleep & bathe, as well as the lack of proper supervision, but not at tall about the sports bra and breastfeeding issues. I agree with the other posters who said either breastfeeding is sexual or it isn't, you can't pick and choose according to the personal issues you have with this woman. And for the sports bra, it's very common to be dressed like that at the gym and even less at the beach. I have a feeling it's not...
Quote: Originally Posted by rainbowmoon I have read some studies showing that those who consume lots of sugar have higher rates of breast cancer. (I don't have the link offhand but it was comparing womens diets in China vs. the USA and the differences in cancer rates) it seemed to make sense anyway. I am a lifelong sugar addict and more afraid of cancer than anything else in the world. : Needless to say I am reducing my sugar consumption (even if...
Quote: Originally Posted by swissmiss2584 I guess I should have included B17 in the discussion. Laetrile is found in seeds of fruit and apricot seeds having the most B17. Along with wheat grass and bitter almonds etc. What do you think about it AlexisT? I don't know about her, but I lean more to agreeing with this one: http://www.quackwatch.com/search/web...query=laetrile And no, I don't believe it's a conspiracy.
Quote: Originally Posted by CorasMama Yep. As are most, nearly all, "natural cancer cures". The thing is, people love to play on our fear of cancer (lemme tell ya, with a 37.8% lifetime chance of breast cancer, I understand The Fear!), and use it to sell us snake oil. Best way to prevent breast cancer? Don't have the BRCA gene mutations! Ok, well, since you can't do anything about that, perhaps it'd be good to examine things that are in our...