or Connect

Posts by eliandsand

Hi! I love this stuff. My 6 year old son has some cavities in his upper front teeth that he has had since he was probably 1 and a half. They have never gotten worse but we never tried to fix them naturally or invasively. We do chew xylitol gum regularly and use non-fluoridated xylitol toothpaste. I also had a couple places where I had pain when eating sugary bread or sweets and I no longer have any sensitivity. That said I would love the recipe with measurements for the...
Hi,   Mostly a lurker here but wanted to know what people thought of the Amish chickens that I come across here in Chicago supermarkets often...  
Hi there..., I love everything pregnancy-birth-breastfeeding-mommying! I have a couple cert in healthcare (phlebotomy and CNA). I am bi-lingual and would love to serve in a community where these more natural ideas a bit removed from the culture. I live in Chicago and was wondering what the process was for becoming someone who is a midwife (non-RN) or Doula here. Or maybe there is another position I am not aware of. Can anyone help me out here? Schools, organizations,...
My husband and I are Mexican-Americans and we educate our boys at home and in the world, not at school. I cannot allow my kids to feel that they need to repeat the lies they have been taught just to get a good grade. It's very hypocritical. Yes, it is someone's perspective but usually it is the winner's boastful exageration. When my older son went to a traditional public school, we were vey fortunate that the teachers handpicked the curricula and taught about a different...
I am about in tears reading this... Our families are from Mexico but my husband and I were born and raised here. Please do not let them bully you about your baby. If you don't want to vax, don't! If you want to wear/carry your baby all day, do! If they are making you or baby uncomfortable with behavior, sarcasm, teasing, volume, etc. do not accept it! Some of this is cultural, some is ignorance, some is stupidity! We are not friends and maybe I wouldn't say this if we...
Que tal Kitteh? I am raising my boys bilingually but we always start with Spanish. This is a tried and true way of making sure your children will maintain the minority language with perfect accent and respect. Some call it ML@H - minority language at home. I should also mention that although both my husband and I spoke Spanish first, being born in the US makes it highly likely that English will always be dominant once learned. For this reason we speak to each other in...