or Connect

Posts by moonInLion

I follow the lines "put on your body only what you also would put in your body"....so I use organic cold-pressed virgin olive oil only, for my entire body, hands, face. For years. Never had problems in our cold and dry Winters in Southern Ontario.
When I got pregnant Dec 2008, and had my first midwife appointment in Feb 2008, at that time my last pap had been sometime late 2005. Midwife suggested to schedule pap for my first postpartum visit with my family doctor (typically 8 weeks PP). The reason she gave: a pap disturbs the uterus, and you just don't want to do this. (Well, that pregnancy ended in a m/c, so I got my pap done in June, so that's covered now.) Interestingly, the reason why I had such a large gap...
Thanks you all! Nothing was done at today's appointment. Dentist is not sure which of two neighbouring could be the culprit for my pain, and is not sure that it is an infection at all. There is some chance I just traumatized the teeth last week with too much tooth-clenching (yes, I have a history for that...) which then caused all that pain I have been experiencing for the last 5 days. Got the encouragement to come back tomorrow if pain gets worse again (it was like 8/10...
sitting here with debilitating tooth ache, coming from a likely infected tooth. really looking forward to my dentist appointment tomorrow to get some relief.....talked to midwife, she says it is important to get rid of the infection, so allow dentist to treat tooth as he needs to treat it, just get a safe kind of antibiotics and watch out for yeast infection. I must say this worries me, as I think to have read somewhere that antibiotics in pregnancy can have an effect on...
co-sleeping over here as well. DS was in a crib next to my side of the bed for the first half year or so until DH got confident enough to allow him in bed. DD was in bed with us from day 1 (on my side, with a rail on the other side) while DS still slept in the middle. Now DD is gradually moving out of our bed into a toddler bed on my bedside, while DS spends half the nights in his own room. But we are prepared that there will be 5 of us in bed much of the time (DS, DD in...
We will start watching births on video in February or so, and then discuss with DS (6.5y.) and DD (3y) what they want to do. I somehow have the feeling/confidence things will just work out allright.....when DD was born, DS slept right through it, beginning to end, we woke him up to meet his sister only after the m/w was gone and we were ready to crash in bed (DD was born at 11:30 p.m.). So either this one will be born at night, or when DS is in school, I suspect. Should he...
Vielen Dank! Thank you very much! Not exactly what I was after, but great resources nonetheless that will keep us entertained for a while....
Weeks/Days along:20w2d Appointments: saw my m/w yesterday, and we discussed a perfectly normal u/s report from my 18-week u/s. The ultrasound put me 9 days ahead, which is exactly the same what happened with DS -- in both cases we are/were certain about the date of conception, so this is just plain good news. Could not find the heartbeat with the fetoskope, so we try again at my next appointment at 24 weeks -- I feel the baby moving constantly, so I'm not overly worried....
Hi, My son is learning to read and write, and we are a bilingual family (English/German) living in Canada. I am looking for worksheets in German I can print out to make it fun for him. He loves playing word-games and such, but of course most of the material we have is in English. Online resources preferred, to avoid the cost of shipping. Any hints?
Quote: Originally Posted by SamGroom I would say that is a pretty interesting life. Where do you see yourself settling down??? good question! We hope to be rich one day, which will allow us to keep our Canadian home for the Summers and make a second home in the Carribean.....a guarantee that grandchildren will love to come visit you in the Wintertime..... On a more serious note: our move to the Netherlands was also to explore the option...