or Connect

Posts by tipper

I totally could have written this, though I have NO patience for walking/rocking/bopping, so you are actually a better parent than I am. ;)    On the upside, they're probably not going to remember this. Really, if how we dealt with bedtime was really damaging to kids, we'd see a whole lot more screwed-up adults around. Almost no one is good with bedtime. (Read "Go the F*ck to Sleep" if you need to be reminded of that.) Honestly, I'm not even sure CIO is a horrible...
All I can think is, "Wow. That is going to be SO EASY." ;)
Well, just because your husband wouldn't choose to do the dishes until they piled up, doesn't mean he won't actually do them. I'd guess that if you talked to him and he was willing to help (as he should be!), you'd be able to let him know what you need to have done to stay sane, and he'd do it. My husband would let things go forever if I didn't ask him to help, and through the years we've learned that it's best for me to just ask him, specifically, what he can do to...
I'm not sure if my uterus is the way it used to be, but I know I was concerned about how huge it was and how my guts felt like they were falling out of my body for a week or more after having the babies. I was feeling pretty spectacular by about week three or four. 
I've been pregnant three times and have only puked once. I'm tiiiiiiiired when I'm in my first trimester, but that and some nausea are my only "morning sickness" symptoms. Everyone is different!
In what situations will you need to manage them alone? You might want to look at it from that angle. I opted to skip bucket seats and use convertible car seats, but my babies will be pretty big when winter arrives and I am not brave enough to haul my whole brood out by myself. So, in our situation, we don't have much use for that kind of system, and once it's a bit easier to take everyone out of the house by myself, the babies will probably be comfortable in a regular...
On the flipside, I wonder what I'm neglecting and if our quality of life is super-low compared to everyone else! :) I may not "need" help... but that's because I set my expectations really, really low. The bar for whether or not we're "surviving" is if we are actually all still alive at the end of the day. Anything else is icing on the cake.   There have been times I have asked for help because it was urgently needed. Since I suffer from postpartum mood issues, I...
My twins are 8 weeks old now, and I have two older kids. The hardest part about having two babies has been dealing with the older kids. That, along with having someone hold the babies while I do a load of dishes or laundry or take a shower, has been what I've needed help with. I think it's a good thing that our older kid is in school; he will, at least, be getting some sort of activity/interaction, even if it isn't with you.    I'm a member of a local API group and...
In my experience, crazy kids at bedtime are overtired kids. Ironic! I'd do what I could to make sure they get more sleep - probably by moving up bedtime. We initiate bedtime right after dinner... or used to. Since I had our twins the big kids (4.5 and 2.5) go to bed when their father gets home from work and can handle that part!
I didn't hesitate to have twins at home. In my mind, twins are just another aspect of normal birth. They're not *that* unusual in the grand scheme of things (1 in 80 pregnancies is spontaneous twins, I remember reading). I wasn't concerned about midwives delivering a breech baby, either, as breech delivery in the hands of an experienced practitioner is as safe (or safer) as a c-section. However, I am also lucky to live in an area where we have homebirth midwives...