or Connect

Posts by wholewheatchick

So glad I found this thread.  My DD is 1 year old, and I Have just started to get that horrible, skin crawls, want to shake them off and run out of the room feeling when we nurse at night sometimes.  Really, it is only that first night nursing that is so awful for me.  DD sleeps in a crib in our room, and I nurse her in a rocking chair during the night.  And the past 4 nights has been AWFUL doing that.  It is better the rest of the night, because I have been pulling her...
My husband is a military pilot.  Because he has all of his certifications, we have decided to rent a general aviation plane (cessna, piper, beechcraft, etc) and fly 500 miles to visit family for a few days, then fly 500 miles home.   Our DD will be 5 months old.  DH and I will be wearing aviation headphones.  Should we just use foam earplugs for DD?  Any other considerations?  TIA!
Good luck!  My DD had a posterior TT and a lip tie that was sever; we had to travel 2000 miles to have it taken care of.  You're lucky you caught it early!  Hers wasn't clipped till she was almost 5 weeks old.  We have had to do some pretty major CST to help after the clip though; so keep that in mind.  Posterior TT can be so maddening!
Yeah; DD has the bubble palate.  We have had 3 sessions with a cranial sacral therapist now and that has helped a lot but not solved all the issues.  My nipples are still sore, smashed, and blistered, but I think I am just used to it because now it is mostly just uncomfortable, not terribly painful.  She is gaining weight quite well and my midwife wrote me a prescription for All Purpose Nipple Ointment that has helped, too.  DD seems to latch best when she is positioned...
My DD is two months old, EBF.  She is quite gassy, to the point where she wakes up at night to pass gas and is uncomfortable enough that she needs to nurse to "get through it."  But I know that can be normal for this stage, too; I eat a lot of beans but I don't think that really impacts it.  She only poops every 2 - 3 days, usually (also normal, I know) but when she does it is massive orange blowout messes, and the poop is "stringy" and slippery, kind of.  At her 2 month...
It is so great to hear stories from all of you, to whom bfing means so much despite everything!  Because that is how i feel.  DD had a posterior tongue tie ad lip tie, which we got clipped 2 weeks ago.  But she still can't latch right and my nipples are raw and blistered and smashed.  It was better for a little bit after the clip but is awful today.  I know she has a high palate but I don't know how to fix that...any suggestions?  I already take her to a chiro...
Things are going MUCH better.  It took about 24 hours after the procedure for both of us to get the hang of this nursing thing.  Nursing doesn't hurt anymore!  And I feel like I am finlly able to enjoy my baby.  I have to keep pumping one side after feedings--the one breast is hypoplastic and I am trying to convince it to make more milk--and I am still on all my herbs and am eagerly awaiting my domperidone, and we may need to supplement in the evenings sometimes, but...
Awesome growth for Emma!  Hope that the adjustment to work goes well for everybody,
Wow that is crazy!  I am glad that you are ok/
An update on us: We had the procedure to fix Rachel's tongue and lip tie done this morning. She is recovering well, and we have to keep doing some exercises with her tongue and lip everyday to keep it from "resealing." I had hoped that I would feel that "suck" immediately, but the reality is that we have both been doing this wrong for a month; it will take at least that long to relearn it all. I know she is capable of corrrect nursing, but she doesn't know how to do it...