or Connect

Posts by wholewheatchick

Wow!  Quite a big guy to get out so fast!  Guess he was as eager to see you as you were to see him.  Congratulations!
Yeah; since we really thought we'd be having this one 2 1/2 weeks ago at the hospital, time is sooooo dragging!  Baby has dropped a little bit, but not very much.  I was super disappointed because I didn't feel any contractions last night, and the night before there had definitely been an increase in their number.  I am trying to remain optimistic--I'm not even 40 weeks yet, I feel great physically, DH and I get some more alone time, etc., but I'm having a hard...
Wow; you go girl!  40 hours of labor sounds waaaaay too long.  Glad that you are happy with the choices you made, and that nursing is going so well!
Well, glad this baby is waiting a bit to make an appearance.  I wanted to get checked today at my midwife appt. though I won't anymore, but anyway, she discovered that I have a yeast infection.   Blech.   Hopefully I can get that cleared up before delivery...but just in case, I'm going to buy some Gentian Violet at the health food store this week!  My standard "cure" for YI is plain yogurt applie internally, and it usually works pretty well, even if it is a bit...
Wow!  Glad everything turned out so fantastically; that intense of a labor does sound incredibly exhuasting!
YAY!!!!  I've been wondering about you all weekend!  What a big, healthy boy!  Enjoy your snuggles
I feel pretty good, too, physically.  Better than a month ago, actually...I think the midwives cutting down my walking to only 2 miles (or so) vs 4, and then my swimming down to a gentle 30 minutes, was a really good thing!  I don't do both of those on the same day; just fyi    I am too stubborn to see that I needed that.  Plus, I"ve been taking a nap almost every afternoon, or at least sitting on my couch and just reading, for an hour after I eat lunch.  I figure that's...
39 weeks today.  I really thought Squirt would be here this weekend...and I'm totally disappointed that he/she is not.  I know, it gave me one more weekend "alone" with DH, and that has been nice.  And I've got a few little things to do today, and DH is going to work on installing more windows, and he has a special work function tomorrow, so maybe it's a good thing.   I guess that part of it is after that scare 2 weeks ago that landed us in L&D overnight, and we...
I am a homemaker (about to be SAHM anyday now!).  I have a BS in a field I LOVED and frankly haven't worked, really, since we got married 2 years ago.  I've probably made a grand total of $1000 in two years.   Whenever I get depressed about how DH is supporting both of us, plus the cat, and now a baby on the way, I try to remind myself how much money I'm saving us.  By having time to make things vs. buy them, by cooking and baking from scratch as much as possible, by...
Ugh how beyond miserable!!!!  I hope it clears up very, very soon!