or Connect

Posts by chasmyn

Quote: Originally Posted by salt_phoenix If you can afford it, start them off on REAL honey, not sugar syrup. Feeding them sugar syrup is like giving a baby formula. A valuable last resort. imo. A 3 lb. package of bees got an initial gallon of food from me when I started my hive. I didn't lock them up during that time, I allowed them access to the outside for foraging from the get-go. I have faith they won't abscond... NOW! ;-) I am on a feral bee list...
Thanks for bumping this!
Quote: Originally Posted by uccomama I believe he said the best source would be non-lactating females, obviously grass-fed! You can mix the raw marrow with raw sauces for meat, he offers many options in his book, The Recipe for Living Without Disease. Topically, he said to put the warm bone marrow on the gums, apply it last thing at night and then go to sleep. I haven't tried this yet, I plan to do this with my DS, but he is a little resistant, although...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlwaysHopeful @ chasmyn: My father was government/military, so I'm from Virginia Beach, but moved around a bit. I last was living in Columbus, Ohio. Where are you from? We're from St. Louis, MO originally, but came to Vancouver via Redmond, WA (east of Seattle). Wel, not Vancouver, really - we live in Langley. But um, Canada. Yeah.
Oh, thank you for this! Is there marrow that is better than others? I mean - we're speaking of raw marrow, I'm sure - I'm wondering if one animal is easier to extract marrow from than other...I'm suspecting the easiest FRESH marrow I can get is from grassfed cows. So I apply the marrow directly to the teeth then? And do I mix it with anything? Does it taste good? I've not had raw marrow yet. I'm not raw primal yet, so I've not tried anything other than random raw meats...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlwaysHopeful I have just moved to British Columbia (Vancouver) from the USA and I am wondering about people's experiences doing natural birthing at Women's hospital. Thank you! Oh, I'm an expat, too! Where in the US are you from?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksenia Hi Chasmyn, Glad that cohousing is working out for you! Just to clarify -- we're not moving, a neighbour is. But I would love to take a tour of WindSong some day to check out a less urban form of cohousing. Chloral hydrate can cause respiratory distress and other problems that dental offices aren't equipped to deal with. Dietary changes alone probably aren't enough with raging ECC, IMO. HealOzone, frequent xylitol...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ksenia Cohousing isn't perfect, but I continue to choose it for so many reasons. Our family has experienced many benefits from living here . I can second that. I LOVe living in cohousing, even as frustrating as it can sometimes be. I love living in community, and I especially love that my son has so many wonderful friends here. Ksenia (or other families here), come and move to Langley! We've got tons of kids here,...
Hi - some of you might remember me from awhile back, I haven't been on mothering in a long long time. I'm needing help, though. do any of you know of a really good pediatric dentist who uses holistic and biological dentistry? Barring that possibility, one who will listen and respect what a parent wants and uses sedation in office? I cannot for the life of me find one in the area, and my only other option is driving down to Issaquah, Wa - which I am willing to do if...
SO can some more experienced raw meat eaters here point those of us who are curious to begin trying them to some yummy recipes?