or Connect

Posts by chasmyn

This is a very interesting thread, so thank you all for participating in it. I've read "Living Without Disease" and I very much want to read the first book. My son and I are on GAPS right now but I'm very drawn to this way of eating and so am researching it as much as possible. I'm very much wondering if eating our meats raw would speed healing of my son's teeth (as opposed to cooked in the bone broth). There doesn't seem to be much information out there on this, does...
Quote: Originally Posted by leila1213 Anyone else care to share their opinion of these? Do you think they are a complement to the Continuum Concept? Interesting question. I'd say not really, because she doesn't ever specifically talk about how she raised her children beyond breastfeeding. Well, she sort of does...but I think she might disagree with the CC - as she had the animals taking care of her babies for long periods while she was absent....
Man, I feel you. I'm starting to feel this way, too. I don't know if I want to wean altogether, but I need some physical space and less nursing lately. I've been feeling myself becoming resentful of the amount of time he wants to spend nursing. That and it is starting to be a bit painful - I think he nurses far beyond the point of my being empty but when I ask him he insists there is still milk coming out. I hope this is a phase for me and I return to being okay with it,...
I don't really tell people anymore. Most everyone around me knows. We don't live near our families, but they know, too. My IL's aren't approving but they keep their mouths shut about it. My Mom doesn't care to my knowledge. Sometimes people will ask, "Oh, you're still nursing?" And there might be some surprise in their voices, but I just say yes and they drop it, so I'm good. I think anyone who knows me knows just to let me do my thing. I've always done whatever the hell I...
My Ds is 3 years and 3 months and we're still nursing. Lately, though, I seem to have a shorter tolerance for it. I've been getting sore and his need to nurse seems to be directly proportional to my need for him to give me a bit of space. I don't know if my milk is running low or what. I intend to do CLW, but right now I'm wondering about weaning, at least for some parts of the day or night. We HAVE begun doing only nursing at home or in the car, and I have to remind him...
I'm not a Christian, but I don;t think it does anyone any good to lump people into a category and point the finger at them. The sooner we just embrace and accept what IS, the sooner we gain our own power back. Remember when you're pointing a finger at someone else, there are three pointing back at you. We cannot change the past. We CAN change the future.
Quote: Originally Posted by wendyland I'm a member of one that has been in the building process for about 8 years. I'm not planning on living there. Mainly because it's too expensive for me and I don't want to move school districts. I love the concept, tho. This is one where you just live there and have your own job, etc... Then, there's communal property, like kitchen, dinning room, workshops... You participate in cooking and having group meals and...
Quote: Originally Posted by K's Mom! Chasmyn~ C loves T the train too. My mom got him the 'Edward' train about a week ago for a just because gift. He held it and took a big in love kinda sigh and said," I like this sooo much" I too think his bday will involve trains somehow. How's the raw diet going? Still feeling really great? Are you just feeling better & better all the time now? I am loving eating raw foods, and am adding more and...
Quote: Originally Posted by happyhippimama Me too. We would love to do it. But we do not know how to even FIND one.: www.ic.org has the most comprehensive list. :
I suspect that that, too, is different for each community. For example, some established communities have income opportunities onsite. And if you've built your own place and are only paying like $200 a month for the land lease, you don't need to make as much as you would if you had a mortgage. Some places are more commutable.