or Connect

Posts by chasmyn

And what about when they are doing it out of frustration rather than fun? My sweet Ds does this - he is 2 years 10 months - and he screams as loud as he can whenever he is upset. I will try the kneeling down and "Shhhhh"ing in his ear, and I'm open to other suggestions, as well. It is honestly driving me bonkers - that and the hitting me. Maybe I need to start my own thread, I don;t want to hijack this one.
Quote: Originally Posted by New Mama Chasmyn, I'm fascinated by your raw diet. Do you mind sharing what your diet roughly looks like? Any particularly enlightening books to recommend? Well, when I started out I was eating a cooked dinner most nights - my goal right now while transitioning is to maintain about 80% raw. I am finding, however, that the more raw I eat, the less cooked food appeals to me, and when I DO eat cooked, it really messes...
Quote: Originally Posted by henhao Chasmyn, Are you doing the raw foods diet for any health reason? I've been on a mostly whole foods diet and it really changed my life for the better. Yes. I had about zero energy, beyond normal Mama exhaustion - some days I really could barely drag myself out of bed. And forget DOING anything. I have long believed that food is medicine so I started Googling and reading about raw food. I should also add that...
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebell as cacao is a superfood i thought it would be good for me! dd is desperate for a 'chocolate' cake for her birthday and i wanted to make a raw one for her but i'm worried that she might have the same reaction to it, so i'm scared to let her try it. any ideas? thanks.. Maybe use carob powder instead?
I'm here! It's been raining for the past 4 or 5 days straight here, and we're all going a bit stir crazy. I have a very congested cold - so I guess the timing on that is good, better to be stuck inside sick when you're stuck inside from the rain anyway, I suppose. Kiernen is really growing and developing and making me laugh with his antics every day. I don't know what else to say about that - so, yeah. I've been on a 80% raw food diet for the past couple of months and...
I think if they're a bit wilted they're still okay. Obviously you want everything as fresh as possible but it is not always feasible unless you grow your own food. I wouldn't make the juice in advance and store it, as it is best to drink ASAP after juicing - it loses nutrients pretty quickly once it has been broken down. I think really it won't store longer than a day, whereas the greens can go a bit longer than that. If you've got a Whole Foods nearby, they have these...
I've been really into learning all I can about wild edibles lately. What you're saying makes total sense to me, and Sergei Boutenko said the same thing in a talk he gave here. He said, "You are what you eat - I want to be the thing that thrives anywhere and grows easily - weeds!" It made total sense. Last weekend I got to go on a nature walk with an herbalist and she showed us lots of wild edibles in our area. I had no idea cattails are edible! And they taste like a cross...
What a fantastic thread - I just found it today : I've been reading some of your posts on other thread, Eden, and I am so impressed with your knowledge. I've been reading/listening to some stuff by Robert Young about alkalizing for health, and this is right in line with what he is saying. Do you know, isn't a raw diet naturally alkalizing? Or does it need to be primarily green to be so? Also, FF, can I have your brushetta recipe?
Bumping because I have the same question. I searched and this was the only thread I found.
Congratulations and Welcome to the earth, Scarlet!