or Connect

Posts by Leonor

Quote: Originally Posted by banana Leonor - I'm from the UK and live in Canada - am thinking of going back to UK b/c of the family thing ........ not making any big decisions right now though . Oh, anytime soon? I would like to have a good neighbor for a change. We could build the village. I don't have family here in the UK, but due to home-education laws, I prefer to stay here for now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joan It was a bit more than "hoping" they'd catch up. Everything I've read on child development supports that this is how children learn to speak. I have to expect that my kids are developing within normal limits unless I'm given reason to believe otherwise. Every indication was that they were developing normally, so I was not concerned that there was a problem with their speech. And there isn't. My guide is not what...
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 I'm really trying to be polite here, but I think it is a reasonable expectation to use one of the 1st definations when it matches current colloquial expression. There are very few people who would not take offense at being called members of a cult. I forgot people on MDC tend not to watch TV. I see the world cult today is more widely used for the definition 6 than the first. A cult movie, a cult pop band,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lunar forest I just wanted to pop in and say You know what they say, if you have nothing good to add...
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 Leonor--- Personal attacks, followed with a smilie or not, are not acceptable on MDC. Quote? And why don't you consider certain third person remarks on me attacks? I'm very offended by them.
Quote: Originally Posted by TiredX2 Do you have any evidence that a "normal" child could not learn to speak correctly this way? Only "normal" children have the right to unschool?
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar Yes, calling unschooling a cult was a mistake. How were we to know that you had your own definition for the word "cult"? Again. we made the "mistake" of assuming we were all using words as defined by the dictionary, rather than as defined by Leonor... Dar, did you check the dictionary? Check dictionary.com. Entry 6 is what I meant. I'll paste for you. cult 6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joan I'm sure I didn't. I just kept modeling the correct form of the word and they picked it up in the same way they picked up the rest of the language. Modelling? You mean you just kept carrying on talking as you normally hoping they would catch up your example? It seems they did catch up, but what if they didn't? Some people think demand feeding and child-led weaning is wonderful, their child weaned early, at 2...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sasha_girl As always, I don't understand why people like Lenor are so worried about what other people do with their children. Further, I don't understand their need to find fault with these children's successes as if it's a huge lie brought forth by the Unschooling Agenda. People like Leonor might not like when other people mention them in the third persona and roll their eyes on them, even if only virtually....