or Connect

Posts by flightgoddess

You might have a good hunch there, the body is not being used evenly and then other parts of the body over compensate. Consider seeing a pediatric chiropractor. They could check for leg lenghth discrepancy, hip alignment, spinal curvature, etc, and do adjustments as necessary. If one leg is shorter than the other, having a lift or other orthotic on that side would help hip alignment, which would help spinal alignment, etc. It seems logical, that if you work with the...
Sorry Thyme mama I disagree! Developmentally, her son could play thomas from 18 months on.  If it is Duplo lego, then maybe starting around 2-3 he could play it, maybe. If it is small lego, then not until 4-5. My just 4 year old can do some stuff with the Duplos, but when it comes to putting 'cars' and other things on the wheel bases, he still asks for help because he has a had time lining things up to seat them well on the wheel base. He's getting better, but legos are...
Josselin Josselyn
KEEP IT! My lil guy has a passion for trains. AND THEY ARE EXPENSIVE...so keep it! He's had his two years now, and I don't see him playing less. His focus on it will wax and wane, I do try to rotate it out, and put out something else, but a week or two later he's asking for the trains again.   Maybe your kid will be different, and you can always get rid of it later.
Ditto Jose Luis Orozco. Love him at our house. An author to look for is Alma Flor Ada. Some are original spanish, some are translated, but she is Mexican or at least Mexican American. My toddler(into preschool) son really enjoys the Little Pim videos. They are all in Spanish, subtitles optional. Ditto the library. Try before you buy!
Something fun if the excess involves books, why not set up a little free library? www.littlefreelibrary.org then others can take them from you...
I WOULD go to the police! If your child was a girl and the older girls were boys, you would go to the police, yes? Why not the other way around?
Just chiming in, becuase you do have a third choice. Adoption. My husband was given for adoption by his part time broke unmarried mother. She loved him enough to make the best choice for him. He grew up with a great family, and when he was in college, he found his birth mom and she was waiting to welcome him. She and her family is a big part of his life now. He feel truly blessed to have had the childhood he had and for the many families in his life now.  I know not all...
For starters, I am a gluten free meat eater. I dabble in paleo and primal. I haven't decided yet which or if i will change my diet more.   Why not do a mesh of diets then to start at least?  There is no definative evidence that paleo peoples didn't eat some grains and legumes. If they lived in the norther hemisphere, they certainly didn't get any fresh veggies in the winter. Yes, they probably mostly subsited on dried and preserved meats, nuts and fats in the winter,...
I didn't see it brought up yet, but have you considered dietary changes? Like no fake dyes? A British study linked reactions to food dyes to add like behaviors. Or perhaps wheat or gluten? Those with celiac or gluten intolerance don't always have classic g-i symptoms. They can be  anything from chronic fatigue, thyroid issues, malabsorbtion, foggyness...maybe even with the brain and sight too. My 4 yo nephew was struggling with fine motor skills crossing his midline...