or Connect

Posts by Jane91

What about some older movies?   A lot (but not all) of the Shirley Temple movies might work, like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm or The Blue Bird.   Also, The Court Jester with Danny Kaye is another musical which is a lot of fun.  There is also "Hans Christian Anderson."        
As part of the dicussion on grains -- a 2006 study published by the journal Pediatrics found that early introduction of wheat (before 6 months) appeared to be protective (rather than triggering) for wheat allergies:   "Children who were first exposed to cereals after 6 months of age had an increased risk of wheat allergy compared with children first exposed to cereals before 6 months of age (after controlling for confounders including a family history of allergic...
If you think that divorce is someplace that this seriously might go (whether instigated by you or him), I would never agree to having him become a full-time SAHD right now.  Also, if your current work is sufficient to cover expenses, I would be extremely reluctant to increase to full time work now.    In fact, I would be doing all I could to document that your and his intentions throughout the marriage were for him to continue to work full time, that your current...
 "Baby Hearts" is another book that looks at the four main personality types, including the "Slow to Warm" child, and summarizes current research on how to help a child develop empathy, self confidence, the ability to help others, etc.   As I recall, it does emphasize that it is a bad idea to "push" a Slow to Warm child into situations.    However, as a shy child myself long ago, I really would have appreciated my parents working with me on tools -- how to...
I believe the easement would be put on file with the register of deeds, so future purchasers would know about it.   In any event, I think you might want to have legal counsel involved, so I would suggest that the purchase price for the easement be a set amount *plus* your legal fees (whatever they might be).   Additionally, I would suggest that your agreement with them provide and require that they indemnify you against any lawsuit that might arise from their...
 Another point to consider as to whether the $900 is "extra" -- are the retirement savings you are currently doing adequate?  Have you worked with some retirement calculators, etc. to determine how much you should be saving?
 "One size fits all" principle actually works in Finland, South Korea  and my home country - countries with excellent public education programs."   Let's take a peek at the ethnic and cultural diversity of Finland:    The entire population is @5,000,000.  Only 2.5 percent of the population are foreign citizens.  Its "indigenous" people are limited to @7,000 people of Sami heritage.  The largest ethnic group after Finnish speaking Finns (92% of the population)...
"Again, I'm thankful that I don't have those fears of "what if something happens."  My husband is IN my future and even if something went horribly awry, I trust that he wouldn't try to stiff us.  These scenarios don't even run through my mind, perhaps because I don't have some cautiously protected lump of money itching the back of my brain. "    I have always been a pragmatist, which has been reinforced by my job which is focused, in part, on advising...
Also, are you really convinced that all the activities you will do with your kids once you SAH are going to be free?  If not, some extra should be budgeted to anticipate that there will be greater expenditures in that area once you are home with the kids.  Also, your utilities (electric and gas) may be higher if people are home all day.   I admit, I found that once I was home on maternity leave, shopping made for a great escape from the house and my discretionary...
I'm going to be honest and say that I think that $900 "extra" is not really $900 extra.    In my experience, there is always something coming up that eats away at "overages" like that -- the refrigerator that can't be repaired and needs to be replaced, the wedding or funeral that you decide to you HAVE to go to, unanticipated medical expenses (that root canal you didn't know you needed and insurance only covers $1000 of the $3000 bill), the car repair, etc.,...