or Connect

Posts by Areia

I agree completely.  Also, I wonder if something odd happened (like the BF slipped on OP's property while getting into the car and hurt himself) if a claim could be made against the OP's home insurance.  
I would have made her move her car so I could get into the drive way.  I grew up in a college town and my parents have to deal with people leaving their cars in front of the driveway often enough (once or twice a year).  It's aggravating and when soon after they first bought the house, they had one person who didn't come back for their car for nearly half a day.  They were new to the neighborhood and didn't want to make waves, but after that,  unless we recognize the car...
I get what you're saying OP.  I've been doing some genealogy while my grandmothers are still living, recording their stories, location of their homes, etc.  When my DD is older we might not have any immediate relatives still living there, but I think it will still be cool that she and her children will have that knowledge and can still visit the old family home or say, "Hey that where my grandmother went to school."  YK?  Otherwise, I make sure to speak to DD in...
Congratulations on your little one!  Can I ask how much time are you planning on taking after the baby is born - around a month?  I would be upfront about your needs. Mention in the interviews that you can start right away and then will only be gone for a month.  That will give you a couple of months working (assuming a May/June start date) before you take leave and, even with a position I needed to fill ASAP, I could deal with that.  It's just like someone's normal...
I have a full time job and commute about 40-45 minutes each way (usually longer during the winter).  I honestly don't do as much out of the house in the winter, esp one like we just had.  It seems like I did nothing but get up early to shovel, go to work, come home and shovel some more.    I don't do as many hobbies as I did before DD (3) was born, but now that the weather is nicer  I've signed up for some  local classes (not formal things - just fun stuff, like...
I've always  washed my hands before eating or preparing food and have taught DD to do the same.  She even does it in her play kitchen - it's really cute.  Since DD has started preschool, we've also gotten in the habit of washing our hands once we come home, even if they aren't visibly dirty.  At restaurants, I usually use hand sanitzier unless DD needs to use the restroom and then of course we wash our hands anyway.  DH usually only washes his hands after using the...
I agree.  My parents didn't do the tooth fairy, but they acknowledged that loosing baby teeth meant we were growing up.  They didn't give us money - they would do a "grown up" thing - taking us to our first movie, our first trip to a nice restaurant.  That sort of thing.  
I pronounce it like your husband.  I didn't realize you could pronounce it another way.  Could it be regional?  I'm from the Northeast.
We need to replace our boiler and I have absolutely no idea where to start.  I'm going to start googling after I leave this message and call Sears and Hope Depot tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice.   We've had the  house for a few years and this is first problem we've had.  It is a 40 gallon gas heater that was installed in 1996.  Do I need to replace it with another 40 gallon or can we get a larger one?  Anything specific I should ask?  Thanks!
I haven't read all the replies, but my sister and I were both practicing for several years when we got married so our family and friends all knew about my beliefs and learned a lot more in just discussing general wedding stuff.    My handfasting was small and we also had a civil ceremony later (my husband is an atheist).  Everyone was invited to both, but lots of family members (especially those that had to travel) choose to go to just the civil ceremony and that was...