or Connect

Posts by sgmom

My daughter will be 4 in sept, ec'd since 4 months old, and is still having misses on a regular basis. Mostly just pee, but also the occasional poop miss (always if I don't catch the body language and usher her to the toilet or potty- when I know she won't make it to the toilet). She will willingly use the toilet if we offer (most of the time), but will often only initiate if she wants something (which is strange since we've never used bribes or rewards). Does anyone else...
I actually bought it, but returned it because I didn't get much value out of it. I think I read it in two days though... maybe I should read it again? 
Quick backstory for those who don't remember me. My daughter was ec'd full time, then part time from 4 months on. She's now 3.5, and still hasn't graduated to "potty trained". She'll pee only if we take her (otherwise it's a miss), but poops are almost always a miss, unless we catch her in the act (and even then they're usually still a miss). My son was ec'd from birth to crawling (4.5 months), and then wanted nothing to do with it. We still try to ec, but catches are...
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? My daughter has been EC'd since 4 months old, and she will pee when I take her to the bathroom, but we're having constant poop misses (often in her undies, but last night she pooped on the bath mat, a foot from the toilet, and a few nights ago she was laying on the floor watching tv, bare bum, and pooped right there. Then she rolled a few inches away from it and carried on watching tv), and she NEVER tells us that...
Thanks for checking in! Things aren't much better. EC just never happened with this kid. It was easy from 0-4 months, but once he was on the move that was the end of anything "potty". He is however, now taking his diapers off by himself (putting them on has NEVER been easy, as he just won't sit still), so we've had a few days of naked or "undie" time, but catches are very rare these days.    My daughter was easy as she would sit for half an hour at a time (if you let...
I need some suggestions on what a logical consequence might be for a child who touches everything. It would also help if I could apply those rules to the things I don't want her doing (like right now she's trying to sit in her doll stroller - which is already broken on one side from her sitting in it so much, regardless of how many times I've explained to her that it's for her doll and will break if she sits in it).    My three year old is driving me to a padded...
Not sure, but she had 2 poop misses the other day, and five pee misses (most of which because I got too busy/distracted to remind her to go). AND she's started wetting the bed at night, and sleeping through it (to wake up "damp"). She almost ALWAYS wakes up dry, so that's something completely new. 
It's pretty crazy. He was crawling at 4.5 months, and full on running at 8.5 months. Sitting is NOT his strong suit. haha   As for her, we had another pee accident and an almost poop miss today. What I can't figure out if it's behavioral, psychological, or developmental. And while she hasn't been too bad with resisting ME taking her, she wants nothing to do with her dad taking her... Maybe it's attention from ME she's seeking?    Not sure... 
I found that EC'ing a newborn was SOOOO much easier than starting later (my first I started at 4 months, my second on the day he was born). Just keep being consistent with timing (waking up, after meals, etc) and she'll get the idea sooner than you think. :) 
Thanks for the reply! I do have a son (he's 18 months and WILL. NOT. sit still, so he's a different story), but he is completely different than she ever was (in the communication department). She was taking herself independantly at 14 months, but didn't eliminate on cue until closer to 20 months. Wheras he would go on cue from about 2 weeks old until he was fully mobile.    Anyway... Yesterday we had two poop misses (caught in the act), and FOUR pee misses!! Two of...