or Connect

Posts by newmomroxi

Add me to the list...  I've been feeling so blah and lazy this past week.  My back aches, I've got so much pelvic swelling and pressure, I am sick of bending over.... on and on.  I haven't been too short tempered with DS and DH but I all I want to do when I get home is take off my pants and lay on the couch!  Ugh, I'm no fun right now and I've still got 13 weeks to go!
Do you really feel the need to talk to the child's dad about this?  If you're sending the present with another parent, he is obviously going to realize that you heard about the party and you know your DD wasn't invited.  I think if you are just wanting to let the boy's parents know that you accept their decision and would like to remain on friendly terms then sending the gift already says that.  And when you see him at the next swim lesson, just be friendly.  It will...
Lol at the stories of the kiddos!  It is amazing how these little people can make us so happy by doing the simplest things.   Lake tries to climb in and out of the tub! -climbs on the table and tells stories. -MUST feed himself.  We just got him a few forks and he is doing really well.  He stabs and scoops a little and gets some of it in his mouth! -shakes his whole body to say 'no'. It looks like a dog shaking off water, haha. -is learning to give kisses...
I know how you feel about being at a job that you despise but staying because you HAVE to.  I have been at my job for 4 years and for the last 2 years I have wanted to leave.  I know how mind-numbing and soul-sucking it can be to stay at a job when you don't want to!  My job is monotonous and it's so hard to see the point of what I do most of the time.  I have a one-hour commute (40 minute drive) which includes dropping off/picking up my DS.  I have to work every third...
Hi ladies!  It's been a while since I've posted so welcome to all the newbies! :)  I love seeing my family but I'm so glad the holidays are over! I was way too busy this year.   Ladymeag, I'm sorry you're so unhappy.  I've definitely been in a funk and now I'm working on pulling myself out of it.  I hope you can start to feel good soon!  I agree that you need to switch pedis though! Yours sounds AWFUL in soooo many ways.   Texmati, I hope L&D goes well too.  I...
I agree with the PP: I think it's too early to "lay the groundwork".  For example, with Lake, I don't expect him to pick up his toys.  Every once in a while, I'll ask him to bring me something or put a toy away but it's not something that I'm constantly working on.  There are so many things that DS would constantly get into and rather than repeatedly redirect or tell him no, we've changed the environment like a PP said.  Our bathroom door stays closed, our dining room...
Quote: ditto! 
Hi ladies!  I also had a nice Christmas.  My mom and younger siblings are in town so between them and my in-laws, I've been incredibly busy!  It was worth it though, we had a lot of fun.   I'm 23w1d and feeling great!  I've got bad heartburn but it doesn't last all day so I'll bear it.  I've gained a total of 16 pounds.  I don't know what's 'normal' but I feel good so I guess that's my normal! :)    I love all the names you ladies have picked out.  DH and I are...
I had pretty bad heartburn throughout my whole pregnancy and DS was born with a full head of hair.  The u/s tech could see his hair at a 32 week u/s and it was about 2 inches long at birth!  I've had mild heartburn this time but not nearly as often as last time so we'll see if this LO is bald or not!
Hi everyone!  Jordan, that does stink that your family won't really be around for the holidays.  It does give you the opportunity to start your own family traditions though, which I would love to do but can't!  DH's family and my family will be here for the holidays and we are actually ALL hanging out together for Christmas.  Talk about overwhelming: there will be 20 of us in one house!  Tex, definitely don't be so hard on yourself!  You've got a lot going on right...