or Connect

Posts by newmomroxi

I'm incredibly unhappy in particular areas of my life and I feel stuck.  I would love to make some changes so that I'm not discontent all the time, but I really can't think of how.  I basically hate my job.  There are a lot of good things about it: the fact that I have one and it's stable, the flexibility, good benefits. However, the bad outweigh the good.  My boss is a jerk sometimes, I'm underappreciated, I haven't had a raise in 3 years. After 4 years here, I've...
I think it would look great once you don't go too short.      Ditto! I think that would be perfect! I also like what matey described but more sleek, not like the pic in #10.
MissMaegie'sMama gave you some really good advice!  I was going to quote her to highlight a few points but her whole post is very insightful.   My DH and I have also been together for 3 years (this coming January) and married for a year and a half.  That doesn't necessarily mean we're in similar places but I feel like this is the point where people know each other so well and are so comfortable that they stop trying to impress one another.  This past year or so has...
The worst of my symptoms seemed to lessen within a few days but most of the time, I felt neutral as some others put it.  I started to have some really good days and now after a few months, I feel happy.  Give it time, it's a gradual process.
Mamato3wildponnie, how are you doing today?  Have you been able to talk to anyone about the depression?
Oh gosh, hugs to you!  It does sound like you are depressed.  I highly suggest talking to your prenatal care provider about how you're feeling.  I don't think it's normal pregnancy emotions and unfortunately, these things tend to get worse the longer they go unresolved.  There are so many ways to get better and so much support out there, you need to take care of this right away!   You are not the first woman to have not-so-pretty feelings about a pregnancy so please...
Jordan, I'm sorry to hear that therapy isn't helping and the whole situation is painful for you.  I understand if you don't want to talk about it but ramble as much as you need to. It's important to have an outlet to vent frustrations and issues.  DH and I were dating for a year when I got knocked up and I was incredibly worried about how it would affect our relationship.  We were still in the intense honeymoon phase and were a long way from settling into a life...
I don't really have any advice for you; I just wanted to let you know you don't suck at parenting and you're not alone.  My DS is 14 months.  Although, he is incredibly funny and loveable and amazing, it is so much harder to take care of him now than it was just a few months ago!  He's frustrating and stressful and impatient and cranky and difficult to please sometimes.  And he has this sixth sense about knowing exactly when I want him to do one thing in particular and...
Jordan, that is amazing that Rowan sleeps so well.  Lake used to do that; now he sleeps 11 hours a night, waking every four hours.  And he found his peepee a long time ago and NEVER stops reaching for it during diaper changes.  I would gladly switch places on that with you!   I'm so sorry that you and DP are having issues right now.  I hope that you two can get back to a good place soon.  Babies definitely bring new stress to relationships.  DH and I are going through...
Wow, congrats to all the girls! We are having a boy.  He is perfect and healthy!