or Connect

Posts by newmomroxi

I never had morning sickness or nausea with DS so sorry if this is a stupid question. For the last few weeks, I have been getting nauseated and quesy right around 3:30 in the afternoon. I also feel really warm, even though just hours before I might have felt slightly chilly. I also feel a little shaky and if I'm doing something tedious I'll notice my hands shaking. I try to have a snack at this time but food isn't appealing. By 7-ish (dinner) I'm feeling better and by...
I'm sorry that you're going through this. As the person who tends to "shut down", I can say that a little confidence boosting goes a long way. When your DH is doing a good job with your DD or when he is being particularly supportive, let him know. He will eventually gain confidence with her and hopefully it will transfer over to those times when things are not so easy.
I'm sorry also.
I think it's good that you're thinking about this so early. I seriously considered homebirth when I was 30 weeks along with my DS but it didn't work out. I contacted 4 midwives and only one of them had space for me. When I found out the cost and that insurance would not cover any of it, I realized that I had waited too long. The midwife I spoke with did payment plans but they had to be paid up by 34 weeks so she could order supplies. There was no way we could come up...
s That is really difficult to deal with. Continue being patient with him but don't let his negativity take away your excitement and joy. You need to be firm with him that terminating this pregnancy is not an option. I think because he still sees a way out, it is making it more difficult for him to come to terms and accept that this is how it's going to be. Let your excitement rub off on him. I know this is your 5th so it might be "old hat" to you but it's his first....
I agree that it probably won't be helpful for your friend right now. My DS is 1 and although the book will be a GREAT resource in a few years, it is no help right now. What kind of problems is your friend having? I'm begining to realize that for DS, no matter the situation, it can be resolved in a heartbeat by taking him outside. The boy loves the outdoors! Anyway, feel free to PM me if you want. I would love to have someone to commiserate with for the next few...
My areolas are tea cup saucers! The girls are only now getting bigger and I'm pleased with them. This is the size they were pre-DS (32C) and I wish they would just stay this way!! I put my head in the sand about how big my boobs were getting last pg but when I went to buy a nursing bra and the saleslady said 32EE, I couldn't live in denial anymore. Sadly, when I weaned DS, they shrunk and deflated so it's nice to have perky-ish boobs again. I'm really REALLY praying...
Morning! I'm 26, expecting baby #2. DH is a bit older than me (30) but we were still the first in our group of friends (mine and his) to have a baby. I was 25 when I got pregnant with DS (who turns one tomorrow! AHHH!!) and I had a friend offer to drive me to planned parenthood. She was trying to be supportive and was really embarrassed when I told her we were keeping the baby. But that is how people responded to our news, shock and horror. We were scared b/c DS was...
Just wanted to post a quick update. I've been taking the meds and I feel sooooooo much better! I still have bad moments where I'm cranky and short-tempered but a quick snack or break and I feel good again. I'm playful, cheerful, silly, calm; all the things that I loved about myself that somehow went away. I just feel like me and it is amazing! My energy is coming back and I'm starting to feel centered again. I am also starting to be honest about my feelings and I'm...
I'm glad to see this thread. I'm 9 weeks along and taking 25 mg zoloft. I too feel that I'm 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' but ultimately I am feeling 100x better on this medication. I will continue taking it and praying for a healthy, happy baby. Good luck to you!