or Connect

Posts by newmomroxi

Wow. I might not be the best person to give advice (reference my thread) but I didn't want to leave you hanging. I don't really know what to tell you besides give your friend the space she needs. No contact at all for a couple weeks. After that, if you are still facebook friends you can make a small amount of contact through FB. Don't harass her though! You are really going to have to follow her lead. I do want to say that if a friend did what you did, I would...
I'm 26, recently married with a 11 mth old DS. I am not originally from here so all of my longest friends live thousands of miles away. The few friends I have met here, have subsequently moved away except one (though she is planning to move too). I am a pretty quiet person, and I hate talking on the phone. It's especially difficult since everyone wants to have hour-long conversations. Last year when I got pregnant, I noticed that everyone distanced themselves from...
Thanks, tex! Quote: Originally Posted by texmati I was just seeing how both of us who said that we do date are also pregnant. Note to self-- no dates for one year after baby number 2 comes. You are so right!
Caneel, I visited Andros, one of the out islands of the Bahamas. We went for our senior trip and it was a wonderful experience!! We stayed in these little huts right on the beach. There was running water but no electricity! There was a canteen on the site with electricity and it's where we ate our meals. We also saw the sites: blue holes, Henry Morgan's Cave, the Andros lighthouse. We went "hunting" for Chickcharnie as well and visited the AUTEC base. It was great,...
I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but DH and I have been on a lot of dates since Lake was born. We are lucky that all of DH's family lives in town. DH has three older sisters that are done having babies, so they told us we were keeping Lake from them by not letting them babysit. MIL is the same way, so they really made it easy for us to have time alone. I guess we've been on a real date every few months. We would have dinner together and then come home early...
The Bahamas, Freeport in particular. You will probably have more people tell you to go to Nassau but I don't like that city! It's more of a party/clubbing vacation. It's where I grew up so I know from experience. There is nightlife in Freeport but that's not the focus of our tourism. You can go shopping, golfing, horseback riding, walk trails, spelunking, kayaking, or just lazing around on the beach or by the pool. And of course, there are the various water...
Lynn, thank you for the info and the links for DH. I will ask him to read them for me. I will also get into therapy or a group. I hate making calls and doing that kind of thing, but I will. I hope that it helps. MommyHawk, I'm on generic zoloft. I have a mild headache and I'm kinda shaky today. I don't eat much anymore so that is probably contributing to the side effects. I did notice that I wasn't snapping about everything, although that's probably a placebo. ...
didn't know how else to title this. Anyway, I realized that I have PPD about a month ago and called my OB. It was a REALLY stressful time for me, no car, family just got to town, and I was just on the verge. Of what, I'm not sure, but I felt like I was going to fall apart. Anyway, I talked to the NP over the phone and she got my OB to call in a script for me. DH picked it up for me and I took it the next day. I had a bit of a meltdown a few hours after taking it,...
mom2tig, i'm so sorry you're going through this. s I hope you can get some help. I don't know how you feel about meds, but like azgirl said generics are cheap. My scrip for zoloft is $6.
Wow, such cute pictures of the babies! I am amazed at how round and "baby-looking" all the LOs are. Lake lost that look really early (like 5 mths) and I miss it. His face has taken on the shape of DH's and his upper body is very slender. Maybe that's why I've already gotten the baby itch. And speaking of, I missed my last period and just realized it this week. I've taken 2 tests and both were BFN so I don't know what the deal is. My cycles have always been regular so...