or Connect

Posts by Franci

Hi. I need an advice on buying CLO. I never took CLO before. It would be for me and DD (9 months old). My husband is coming to the States this Saturday so I want him to bring back some but I'm not sure how much should I buy and which flavor. Are flavored CLOs ok for babies? She has a little bit of eczema, she's lactose intollerant but I'm not sure if she has any other allergy. Should I go plain?   What is the reccomended dosage for babies? I'm taking an overdose...
In Bologna, to make bolognese sauce, they often add a liver. It makes a creamier sauce. Cut it, or better smash it little by little removing stringy parts and add it to the pan before the ground meat.
  Thanks Flyrabbitfly! Her bottom is ok, no reddness. Yesterday I had the thought that  she could have UTI, so I called the doctor and this morning I went to collect her pee to the lab. Today she was in general happier, so maye the problem was really that she got scared by the difficulty with BMs and I can totally exclude  a UTI possibility, I'm waiting for the lab results on Monday .  Today didn't catch a single pee but at least DD didn't refuse to be held over the...
Hi there. I need some help from more experienced moms on this issue. My DD is 9 months old, we have been doing part-time EC since birth. No stress at all. She started solids for a couple months already but in the last days she got constipated. I should have start noticing that she was arching her back during BMs and her stool getting harder. I think I should have watched more her diet or revert to only breast milk but her poop got so hard that she was holding it and...
Thanks. Yes, I think a good starting point would be work on general anxiety.   I always tried to name his feelings but my DS wants to have control of that too and as I try he just doesn't want to listen to it. In general I  tell him that he is safe to tell me stuff and more or less he does it but with difficulties and taking his time. I'll start reading on anxiety to gather ideas.
Thanks for your answer Farmerbeth. I would feel more comfortable to look for help in the UK or in the US, I'm sure we would have a better chance to find someone we could trust, we are thinking to move back but we are not sure when that's going to happen, maybe I should talk to our pediatrician about it. My DH thinks DS is slightly OC and I should have been firmer with him so not to encourage his obsessive  behaviours (I'm the one spending all the time with him) but I'm...
Hi. I'm here for advice. My DS turned 4 in July. He is never been a very easy child to deal with. But now, more and more, we are worried about him. He is always been a stubborn, willful child, in fact at 6 months when we started solids, I didn't have another route than babyled weaning because he just refused to be fed by me. He's always been very prone to tantrums. He wasn't even 2 and he would throw a tantrum if I got out of bed before him, or if for any reason I...
30 months PP
I didn't give vitamin D or any other to DS and he was born in England. Now we live by the sea, in the south of France. I would have never thought I would be deficient in Vit. D. But I've just tested...and likely I was deficient during pregnancy. Now I'm starting giving to my DD, 5 months old vit D 1000 I.U. (i've seen the prescription is for D2 I've been reading that D3 it would be better). Remember if you use sunscreen you are not getting any vit D from the sun.    
Thanks for sharing, I'll give it a try Last week I put my water kefir grains in the fridge, instead of tossing them (when I added dry mango during fermentation the kefir got smelly and syrupy), I rinsed the grains  using tap water (I live in Europe though, don't know if water has flouride or chloride) and fed them again. Hopefully I  can still save them.