or Connect

Posts by kimmypoo

Quote: Originally Posted by MadiMamacita i dont know about the op's dh's phone, but mine does not have a manual override. it gets its time info from space and it is what it is Mine does too, but you can change the time zone on the phone and make the phone think you're supposed to be an hour ahead.
Have you tried setting the clock on his phone ahead an hour? So that way when it goes off the phone says it's 7:00 but it's really 6:00 and then if he hits the snooze and then gets up he thinks he's getting up at 8:00 but it's really 7:00. After a couple days of that, his body should be reset to get up when he's supposed too. And maybe you could just sleep in another room so you're not up at 6:00.
wikipedia says 20-90 days
Thanks everyone. I have a friend whose 2yo learned some colors and most of the alphabet from tv and I was wondering how on earth did she sit still long enough to learn anything? I thought maybe my kid was just too hyper to sit still and watch.
So, everyone I know who has a toddler tells me how much their child loves watching Dora or Mickey or Max and Ruby or whatever. Well, my lo won't watch tv for more than a minute and then she's off to something more interesting. (Unless of course there are animals involved, but once the animal is off the screen, she's off to do whatever.) Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she doesn't stare at the tv like a zombie but sometimes I just need her to keep herself occupied for 10 min...
Quote: Originally Posted by mahna_mahna The bean has started to make animal noises...among other things. He surprised me today by pointing at a tiger and going "Tiger go...RAAAARRRR!" with his hands out like claws. I about fell on the floor laughing. My lo does this too. We were at Wal-mart and a little boy about 4 yo was playing with a dinosaur and as he walked by us, he growled and Beth growled back at him. The look on his face was priceless....
Have you looked at him in sunlight? When we moved into our house, my lo looked a little bluish around her mouth, but was acting totally normal. So we took her outside and she looked fine. Our lights were putting out a bluish light.
Quote: Originally Posted by Down2Earth Has anyone else done a part-time EC thing. When did your LO stay consistently dry during the day? 16 mo? Consistently? Uh, well, I'll let you know when we get there. We only caught ONE pee this past week! But I think it's a power thing where she only wants to go when it's her idea and I think I've been pushing a little too hard. And I think she may have another tooth trying to come in. Anyway, just...
You sound like us a few months ago. We casually ec'd since she was 7 months. (She's 16 months now.) And she never gave us a sign or cue, until a couple months ago. She started grabbing her diaper and saying "Poopy" I would take her to the potty, but she already poo'd. I thought well, at least she sorta gets it. Then about a month ago, she said "Poopy" and I asked her if she needed to potty and she nodded. So I took her and she pooped on the potty! (Of course, when I...