or Connect

Posts by overseasmomma

Around that time, my twins woke up around the same time and took their morning nap at the same time. Afternoon naps were less predictable. So,I either wore them down seperately and put them to sleep in different rooms so the early riser wouldnt disturb the sleepyhead (this gave me and dd1 more playtime). Or, I pooped them in the stroller and went for a walk to the park while dd1 rode her bike next to me. Once the twins were asleep, Dd1 and I would play in the sandbox or...
With dd1, I think I inadverdently created a nursing monster. From day 1, if she made the slightest peep, I would wake up and nurse her back to sleep. I was extremely sleep deprived and was not a happy momma until I nightweaned her at 1 year old. With the twins, I was going down the same path (with Dh) helping with night feedings up to 3 months. I fully believe in nursing on demand especially in those early months. But, once dh went back to work and I was by...
My twins are 16 months old. One twin sleeps in the crib and pretty much puts himeself to sleep. His twin sister and older sister co-sleep with me on a futon beside the crib. The girls need to do alot of rolling around and fussing before they fall asleep, but in general, it takes about 20 minutes of lying down with them and they are down for the night. The lights are off, talking is discouraged and definitely no walking around the room and playing in the dark. It took...
Great reading everyone's replies. Yes, I can see how 'easy' personalities can be easier to deal with and result in what can be perceived as favortism if we are not too careful. Dd2 is very easy going,doesn't cry alot and is content to just be held, whereas her twin bro and older sis are more rambunctious and volatile in their moods. Is it possible that even though we don't think we favor our kids, that somehow they 'feel' it is favortism? I'm not talking about...
Does your dd want other kids to call her baby as well? Or just adults? I imagine it would be rather hard for other kids to remember calling her baby or it might take the tone of teasing if not explained properly. I think One Girl raises some good points. Dd1 (3 yrs) goes through a baby phase quite regularly these days and it mean she needs extra love and attention. It started after the twins were born and she will actually crawl on the floor, drool on purpose and...
A few things: -a clean, organized house. I was forever losing my keys, homework assignments etc. my mom never knew how to keep an organized house and there were lots of fights over who had the 'whatever' last. -lots of family activities. I have fond memories of lots of picnics, outings to the park, with the WHOLE family -on the flip side, one on one time with both parents. I guess cause I was the youngest but I never had any mommy and me time or daddy and me time. -no...
Dh loves all our 3 kids, but favors Dd2. She seems to have this power over everyone. People always want to cuddle her and coo over her. Her twin brother (13 months) is a super energetic and loud and doesn't inspire cuddly feelings as easily as dd1. Dd1 (3 yrs) is probably old enough now to notice favoritism. I was blatantly favored as a child and it was quite ridiculous. To this day, I feel very guilty about how my dad favored me over my siblings. I've talked...
It doesn't matter what your history with the inlaw are. I would not let my chidren see others treat me poorly, especially if they are family. If the in-laws can't be civil and deliberately snub you and are rude to you, then you need to put your foot down and make Christmas a happy time for YOUR family, not the inlaws. I would hate to be 10 years old and have to watch grandma and auntie be mean to mommy. How sad. If they give your dh grief, he should tell them that it...
This brings back some memories for me. I had this problem with my brother when he started smoking at 17. Not in the house but in the car that we (sibilngs) all shared. He continued stinking up our car until he was 22 when he finally got his own car to pollute. No matter how many arguments we got into, how many promises he made, he ALWAYS ended up smoking in the car. And, yes, he had other behavior problems as well - racked up his credit cards, eventually dropped out...
I play with my kids alot. We go to the park, go for walks, play inside and goof around. But, they know that when I'm in the kitchen behind the gates, I am busy and cooking dinner or doing the dishes and cannot play at that time. So, I do carve out some time during the day to get chores done. Or leave some things for after they are asleep. When it was just Dd1 it was really hard to ask her to play alone but once the twins came along, they play amazingly well together...