or Connect

Posts by glorio

I've heard good things about therapeutic listening. I work with kiddos on the spectrum, and the 2 boys I work with are doing this program right now. One of the Mom's brought home paperwork and let me read it. I am now thinking of looking into it for my ds to help with sensory seeking, auditory filtering problems, ADHD, and sleep issues. The local Children's Hospital has an attention training program that we hope to also explore, maybe yours has something similar? I...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2xshy I feel telling her throughout the day 'no biting' when playing well with others is a horrible idea. Just wanted to chime in to agree with you on this. Could you talk to them about positive reinforcement? I wouldn't even interrupt her play to interject the reinforcement, but perhaps at times immediately following interctions? "Wow, you were playing so gently with your friends!" Compromise might be...
Lucky girl to have such a supportive Momma! I wonder if she got involved in a Vegan Meetup or even virtual club of some sort, if confidence from talking to like-minded people might carry over into relationships with family/friends who aren't being so supportive? A few sentences that invite polite conversation, but let questioners know she is well informed and content with her choice might help- and could be practiced with such a support circle. If the friends of...
Wow, allgirls! That's awesome! Congrats! I am also following this plan, and loving it. Over a month ago before hearing of The Belly Fat Cure, I resolved to get back to a more healthy lifestyle. I've gained about 60 pounds in the last year Well, I started out by cutting sweets and Coke Zero and my weight loss was really sluggish. After reading about the BFC and wrestling with the idea of cutting my fruit intake, I went for it. I still eat berries daily, and tiny...
My ds is 6 and on Tenex right now. He does have outburts, but this is not the reason he is on Tenex (that would be horrid sleep and painful tics, his outburts are still there, but have improved from say... a year ago) Tenex hasn't helped with outburts at all, though ds is taking it only before bed, not once in mornings and once at nights as it is often prescribed. Keep in mind everyone reacts differently- but at a higher dosage (we had to do some adjustments) Tenex...
I wonder if he has had other less noticable tics off/on in the past 2 years? Sometimes my son's tics are more subtle. Right now he is in a period of having some minor eye blinking when he is really tired, which is a lot different than a few weeks ago even- a lot of spitting and severe head jerking. He does have a Tourette's/ADHD diagnosis. Or pehaps your boy just has another tic disorder that doesn't fit Tourette's criteria- transient or chronic tics. (Vocal and motor...
Quote: Originally Posted by 3girlmom We had to do a sleep study for DD a while ago, and what I learned from that is that different doctors read the results in different ways, and there is a lot of discrepency in what constitutes a problem. It seems hard to get good information from a sleep study with a pediatric patient; more, IMHO, of a way for the hospitals to cover their butts before recommending other things I didn't know this... I wonder...
Hello! I am a vegetarian, looking to cut out dairy again (used to be vegan) but will probably be keeping eggs in my diet. I have for a long time suspected I have inattentive ADD and have been reading benefits of eating a high protein diet for those with ADD. I'm wondering if anyone has some yummy ideas for high protein breakfasts for me. I don't have much time in the mornings, so quick meals are best, or crockpot meals could probably work too! One idea is oatmeal...
I think I first saw ds's new (awesome awesome!) school on momslikeme.com (there should be links for the areas you are looking to move to, some boards seem to be newer than others and dont have many posters yet, but some seem more popular) Greatschools.net is another site I found helpful. Best of luck!
We used a big storage bin from Target, set up next to a mattress on the ground. Ds liked jumping from the mattress into the balls over and over! I like the idea of the pack and play better though, like pp mentioned they could bury themselves under more than what we used.