or Connect

Posts by autumnvt

Some of the ones my kids (5 and 8) like are: The Elements (periodic table), Bill Nye, Little writer, Eggy phonics, math ninja, farfaria (stories), brainpop and brainpop jr. , google earth, weirdButTrue (national geographic).
Ha! I guess my point was, at least in my experience, when I try to set up quiet activities for my son and his friends, they prefer to run around and do more physical stuff.
My 8 year old enjoys many art and craft and quiet activities. But when he is with another boy his age, the energy level is generally pretty high. They like to wrestle and play spy and chase the younger kids, play ninja, play music really loud, run around outside... Occasionally he and a friend will play a board or card game, and they eventually settle down with Legos or bey blades, but really they are so physical right now. I often prefer to have a girl friend over, just...
5 for my son and 4 for my daughter. Both loved the story...
I just wanted to add. That the Piipi Longstocking series was a hit with my son at this age....
What about books on cd,or the computer, that he can listen to for a bit to get some down time?
It sounds like she might be testing out other children's behavior that she sees in school. Once my older started school, he came home with all kinds of new phrases and behaviors to test out at home. She also may be tired. Although she is in a half day program, it takes a lot of energy at first to adjust to being in a new place with so many new people...  
Is there a library nearby that he could walk/bike to or that you could drop him off at for a couple of hours? Is he interested in being a mother's helper?
Slip and slide and water balloons....  
One of the coolest things about my dad is how active and engaging he was with my sister and I even after my parents got a divorce. He really wanted to be involved. I've also seen him cry in emotional situations many times which has really stuck with me in a good way. My husband has an amazing ability to get on the floor and play with my children in ways that I do not and I really appreciate that!