or Connect

Posts by gbailey

Quote: Originally Posted by 2cutiekitties My question is, why isnt your hubby dealing with this? It isnt your job! You deal with your own parents and he deals with his. I have been married for almost 15 years, and that is the ONLY way to keep the peace. I mean there are exceptions, but it doesnt sound like that is your case. Also, my son always breaks out when going to Grandmas, and I think it is her dog, but I have learned to let it go, since it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Snowflower Love, love, love em! We just wash our hands before we leave. We eat super healthy too. I'm not afraid of germs. They are a part of life, so is getting sick. but we've not gotten sick yet (unvax'd) so, I don't worry about it. I don't know what I'd do w my super energetic 2 yr old w/o the children's museam and all the other indoor play spots. There are great! It's taken me a while to get to think this way...
Quote: Originally Posted by dyehappy My DS has had trouble with this too, but I have found that if I say, "Look, mama's going to take a bite of this cracker" and then melodramatically bite it before I give him one and then ask him to show me if he can take a bite too, it usually works. Now, all I have to say when I'm offering him a larger piece of food is say "remember to bite," with emphasis placed on bite. I have to keep an eye on him though because...
Quote: Originally Posted by Latte Mama Well what is she doing exactly? My DS mastered that pretty early but sometimes he likes to eat "hamster style" and stuffs his cheeks . Can she eat things like dry cereal bite by bite? What are you doing now, holding the string cheese for her? How about meals? Do you feed her or is she self feeding at all? She can eat cereal bites, pieces of sandwhich, etc on her own but if I give her string cheese I ...
DD is 18 months old but she hasn't grasped the concept of taking a small bite chewing and then eating another piece. What can I do to help facilitate this or is she too young?
DD is 18 months old and this year she's getting Sesame Street board books (got them two months ago at Marshall's for $5.00), an eco friendly pus/pull dog (on clearance at Old Navy) and we're going to get her the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Home Playset. I have heard so many great things about it. It's a little expensive for our taste but it's on sale and I have a coupon to use towards it.
DD is pickiest when she's teething like right now but for he eating depends on which way the wind blows. Introduce something new and it takes her a few days to get used to it. Normally for breakfast she has oatmeal with blueberries, little flax meal and dash a cinnamon. For a snack a cup of yogurt wit almond sprinkles. She loves Happy Toddler Food Mac and Cheese pies and she gets that with a little tomatoe sauce on top or a side of veggies. Her favorite thing is grilled...
I was giving DD (18 months) one drop of Carlson's (400 I.U.s) per day until her pediatrician told me that's not enough. She suggested 800 to 1,000. I give DD 800 for now. One drop with her milk in the morning and one drop in the evening.
How cute. How old are your little ones? DD is a little over 18 months.
My niece didn't start talking until she was 2. Her mother was very concerned and now you can't get this 10 year old to stop talking. Her vocabulary is amazing and she is the most articulate child I know in her age group. Her mother never had her evaluated. She just waited for her to do it when she was ready.