or Connect

Posts by Susuwatari

We alternate between burts bees and weleda calendula.
When we were leaving the hospital the nurse told us to get some formula just in case there was an emergency and I had to leave in the middle of the night, or if something happened to me. We don't have 24 hour shops nearby. I did have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night with an infection in the early weeks, luckily I was able to take ds with me and feed him there, but if I had been sicker I might not have been able to feed him. The formula is still...
8 weeks for me, I had an infection though, I don't know if it would have stopped earlier without the infection. I was expecting around 6 weeks anyway.
It's more than just oomph, it brings discrimination to a whole new level, so I do think the distinction needs to be made. That is truly awful for your children. I suppose the only thing you can do is try to teach them as best you can why people behave that way.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes I disagree that POC can't be racist because anyone who hates another race is practicing racism. This isn't true because of the power aspect. It cannot be racism without the power aspect. It's discrimination and it's still really wrong. I'm going to try and explain my understanding of it using an analogy. I'm not sure if this is right, and I'm open to correction, but here goes. A homosexual person has the...
I'm not trying to upset anyone, I'm giving up because I'm getting stressed about it, I don't cope well with being involved in heavy discussions, it makes me anxious, and I need to stop getting involved because it's not good for me. I wish I had just read the thread and not posted, I can't cope with people being angry with me. No one seems to be able to understand because you are looking at it from an american perspective only. Yes the English laws are outdated, but the...
I'm giving up now, there's no point in me trying to explain the way things are here. I'm never going to change anyones opinion. As long as people refuse to open their minds and accept that the rest of the world isn't just like America and that different rules apply, then this is completely pointless. The meaning of the term race isn't even universally agreed on, so trying to explain what is considered racism in different countries is impossible if people refuse to believe...
Quote: Originally Posted by WilliamsMama I once knew a young man who was an Irish Traveller and he begged me not to tell the other Irish people he had met while visiting this country that he was a Traveller. He was certainly concerned about being found out, but all of his friends never suspected he was any different then they were. No one knew the difference. While they may be different ethnically, they are still white. Also to clarify, the Roma are a...
We use robeez style shoes from a local shop, would be similar to target. They're ok, but I've never used real robeez shoes so can't compare. We also use pediped shoes, which ds loves, he loves looking at his feet when they are on, and he tries to put them on himself. He's much more interested in them. They seem really comfy and he loves walking around in them.
I'd leave him to sleep. ds has huge trouble falling to sleep, it's such an ordeal that there is no way I would risk waking him to change him. And he would definitely wake, he wakes at the slightest thing. And then he'd be in the worst mood for the rest of the day. When he was exclusively breastfed he only poo'd about once a week, so it wasn't a dilemma we were faced with often, now that he's on solids it's once or twice a day, but he never seems to poo while sleeping.