or Connect

Posts by Penny4Them

Sorry, I just edited my title--- to Australia, not US.
I just saw this (copied below) http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-25/immunise-or-lose-benefits-parents-told/3694236 This is crazy! It's in Australia.   Immunise or lose benefits, parents told Updated November 25, 2011 16:02:18 Parents who do not have their children fully immunised will be stripped of family tax benefits under a scheme announced by the Federal Government. The Government says 11 per cent of five-year-olds are not immunised and has announced...
Thank you Mamas. It's been quite a time for me. Originally I was on metoprolol (safe for nursing) but I had a bad side effects, including depression and memory loss. It was hard to determine what was due to the medicine and what was due to my high blood pressure. The doc moved me from that class of medicine to another one, and now I'm on lisinopril, which is not safe for bfing but it has lowered my bp to a safer level. I finally feel good and like my normal self...
Dear Mommas,   I always find comfort and support here, for which I am so thankful. I'm writing because I feel so sad and confused.   My Sonshine is 2 1/4 and is now completely weaned. It makes me very emotional to think about this and what has happened.   Over the past few months, he dropped from 5 times a day to once or twice a day until about 2 weeks ago. He was completely leading the way to weaning. 2 weeks ago I went away from him for a couple days and my...
Thank you. I'll try that when kiddies are in bed in a little while. A friend just called me and said "Belladonna" might help me too, so I've just had a dose.   Blessings and thanks to you for sharing!!!!
Dear Sweet Mamas, I'm apologize up front for not being able to post this in the homeopathy group, but I'm fighting a migraine and I don't have full faculties at the moment. Anyway, can anyone suggest a homeopathic treatement for migraine? I've been fighting one all day and I'm sure their is one in my Washington's kit, but I can't read the little writing as to what to try. I'm BFing my 2yo   So far I've used my smudge stick, rest (yeh, right with 3 kiddies),...
bumpety bump... can anyone share some book ideas for me, please?   Love and light, Becky Jaine aka
Hiya Mamas,   I'm so excited about this I wanted to share in case there are other mamas who'd like to know. I found out that Dr. Palevsky is giving a 3 hour talk at UNC, Chapel Hill on May 21st. The talk is called "Are Vaccines Safe and Effective?"   Dr. Palevsky (http://www.drpalevsky.com/articles.asp ) is a board certified pediatrician, lecturer and published author. I have really enjoyed his articles over the years and was influenced significantly by his research...
Hiya,   I've found a lot of Waldorf-inspired resources and books/resources over the years that have helped me with ideas to inspire my girls when they were younger, but now they are 8 and 9 1/2 yo I'm looking for things to support this new segment age in Waldorf.   Can you lovely mamas here suggest books, blogs, ideas to help me with my daughters now they are older and in this "middle age"? We are always exploring nature and art, but now, I'm wondering how best...
Hi there Sweet Mamas, I  miss Ariella too, but came across this lovely list of linkies that were pulled from her blog before it went down. Supposedly, these are the links to supplies and tutorials she used on Childhoodmagic. Scroll down about halfway, to Waldorf Projects & Activities and she talks about CHM briefly and how she got these links.   http://wonderinthewoods.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/an-unrushed-childhood/    Hope this helps with the...