or Connect

Posts by Penny4Them

Hi, I'm prepping for my baby boy's birth in 2 months and have been reading a wonderful book _Painless Childbirth_ by Guiditta Tornetta and it seems that the more stories we read/witness of women birthing without pain, the more we can open our hearts, minds, and bodies to this as a possibility. I have birthed 2 beautiful DDs without medicine, and experienced what I would consider atypical births, but not yet painless. I'm ready though and would love to read more...
This is a fun thread. How about Callan Willow Sage Jadan Jorian Carya ~Penny
Hi, I have history of rapid labors. My 1st Dd was 2 weeks past due date and came in 4.5 hours: My 2nd Dd was 1 week past and came in less than 2.5. I am now PG with our son, due in about 2 months. I plan to deliver in hospital, but I've been visualizing having him at home, due to the rapid labor history I have and the fact that homebirth is really appealing to me. In the event I don't make it to hospital, what should I have at home to deliver him safely--just in case?...
Hi, Great thread and thanks for the movie suggestion! Does anyone know if there is a thread with painless birthing stories? I'm prepping for my baby boy's birth in 2 months and have been using _Painless Childbirth_ book by Guiditta Tornetta and it seems that the more stories we read/witness of women birthing without pain, the more we can open our hearts, minds, and bodies to the possibility. I have birthed 2 beautiful DDs without medicine, and experienced what I would...
Just got an e-mail about this upcoming event exclusively for HSers: In addition to the events on the attached schedule, we will have a special day just for homeschoolers--"Homeschool Day - Exploring Prairie Ridge" -- on Monday, April 27th from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon. Check out the program offerings and registration information on the Museum website with the following link: http://www.naturalsciences.org/educa..._programs.html . Registration forms will be available on...
Hi Everyone, I'm SO confused! I searched this forum and the Web site to research iron info and I found the following reply from Ask Expert Michel Odent: Q: If a woman receives blood test results that show her hemoglobin levels are currently 10g/dl, what is the main physiological change in pregnancy that might lead to a low hemoglobin level? A: When the hemoglobin concentration is in the range of 12?14 g/dl before the baby is conceived, a concentration of 10 g/dl...
A great place I've heard about, but we've yet to visit is part of the NC Museum of Natural Sciences: Prairie Ridge Ecostation for Wildlife and Learning 4301 Reedy Creek Road Raleigh, NC 27607 For more info you can call or e-mail 919-733-7450, ext. 671 Cathy.Fergen@ncmail.net www.naturalsciences.org Also, they offer Jr. naturalist camps and other youth programs. Happy Trails! Penny
Thanks! Doc gave me diflucan for the vag infection, and said to try nystatin topically. Would you know if diflucan will help my breasts too?
I'm in a similar boat--antibiotics then nasty yeast infection. I tried applying plain yogurt and taking oral probiotics, hoping and praying it would get better. Got so bad doc told me to use 7 day monistat (he said 1 day wouldn't work as well). I'm now on day 5, saw doc today, infection still blazing. It's just awful! He wrote me a Rx for diflucan. What do ya'll think of diflucan? Maybe I'll forgo the last 3 days of monistat (which doesn't seem to be working anyway) and...
Hi ((((((((((Avani)))))))) I'm so sorry you're feeling blue. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, then to add PG hormones .... WOH! Hang in there, Girl. I've been reading a wonderful book that a lot of people talk about on here. I keep thinking how this book would've been a great guide for me during my other pregnancies, when I was very depressed. It complements our journeys through pregnancy, and also has a lot of ideas of healing things that can drive...