or Connect

Posts by Penny4Them

Hi, I have a glass top. Every day I clean it down after I use it and that seems to prevent the dirt buildup that happens with glass. I make my own general cleaner that is a glass cleaner to. It works great to spray and leave for a few mins to loosen the dirt on stovetop. It's 2 cups water, 1 tsp Sals Suds (detergent) or you could use Dr. Bronner's soap, and 1/2 cup white vinegar. If you use this on mirrors it will streak the first couple times, as it gets rid of...
Thanks for the posts. This is the first time I've nursed past 1 year, so I'm not quite sure what to expect. My Dds were BF til 10 mos then we went on formula (I shudder!) and then cow's milk. This is really new territory for me. DS did BLW plus some purees b/c we are benefactors from WIC baby foods, so I guess I should say we mostly BLW. Do you mamas nurse first at family dinnertime, or try to offer table food first. I'm just trying to make EVERYONE happy at dinner,...
Thanks so much! I'll have to look at an Ellaroo if I don't get an Ergo. I just have to clarify, I never back carried him with my moby, basically it's too stretchy for any carry now. Sorry, I re-read what I wrote and realize how it sounded. Yikes!
Ds is now 14 months and hardly eats any table food anymore. A couple months ago he ate way more food than now. At our family dinner table, he cries unless I hold and nurse him. I often try to hide behind DH who tries to give him table food w/o him seeing me. It's pathetic. Right now all he eats each day is 1/16 of a blueberry bagel with butter. Maybe 3 tbsp homemade yogurt (sometimes I can sneak smooshed fruit in), maybe a tbsp of hummus, and maybe a few Cheerios, and...
We are in very tight finances (as most families are these days). I don't buy anything new, and rarely spend money on anything but groceries ... BUT after reading all the posts here about the Ergo carrier, I really would like to get one. Anyone have suggestions about where I can buy one for the least money possible? Web sites? I have looked on our local craigslist but no joy. My baby is 14 months now and it would be so great to get an Ergo so we can back carry. Thanks...
What kind of material do you think that wrap is made of? I made a moby out of t-shirt cotton and now my bubba is 22 lbs, it's too stretchy to do back carry safely. What material would work for this type of back carry?
When my girls were younger we had seamonkeys. They were AWESOME way to begin--what has become--an ongoing conversation about sex, babies, bodies, etc. It was so wonderful to have something in (lab-created) nature to reference and talk about and watch grow into life. If you haven't owned seamonkeys, I definitely recommend it. Also, for those of you with girls, don't forget that beautiful article in the March/April 1010 issue by Denise Evarts, Maidens Moon. Absolutely...
(Sorry the subject is wrong ... it should say Do breasts change after first PP ovulation?) When ovulation returns, do the breasts change? I'm 13 mo pp, still bfing and I think I ovulated for the first time about 10 days ago. (First time since I got PG nearly 2 yrs ago.) I never nursed this long with my other children, and it surprised me that I haven't had my period yet. This week I noticed my breast size is somewhat reduced and less firm. I still have milk though....
Check out this beautiful article by Melissa L. Block from Mothering a few years back. This article helped me to come to terms with some of the anxiety I face as a mother of 3 growing little ones. http://www.mothering.com/health/heal...m-just-growing Additionally, here are some wonderul articles by Dr. Philip Incao. http://www.philipincao.com/ Especially loved "Understanding Infection: Not a Battle but a Housecleaning" I hope this helps.
You've had some great advice so far. 1. Human Services will tell you about Women, Infant, Children (WIC). We are thankful to be using that right now, as things are really rough for my family. It goes up til the child is 5, but you have to constantly requalify by showing your paystubs (if you have any). 2. One thing that's helped me save TONS are coupons. You can subscribe to the Sunday only paper, or buy at grocery store and cut coupons. Also, there are tons of Web...