or Connect

Posts by Penny4Them

If it's straight, try taking it before a meal, so it's on the bottom of your stomach. If capsules, try storing them in fridge or freezer and taking them cold/frozen--right before a meal. HTH!
Thanks for the reply. The marks are not at all raised, so I'm not sure if this could be the same thing. I read about hemangiomas and those tend to present at or shortly after birth, and my son developed his at 8 mos. It's so weird ... every day after sleep/or nap it's there, then the longer he's up the less pronounced it is. I've also noticed, if he's fighting a bug that it's more pronounced too.
Hi, I posted this in Life with Babe forum a while back and didn't get a reply, so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone can help. My baby (now 13 mo) has this odd spot in the center of his forehead (down from his hairline, way above third eye point) that comes and goes. It started when he was about 8 mos. It's not bigger than a pencil tip eraser. I brought it up to doc and they said it's probably cafe au lait spot but after reading about those, it doesn't seem the...
Hi, Not sure if this is best place to post about this, but I hope you can help or redirect me. My 13 mo DS has something unusual that his older sisters never had: One of his front teeth is very crooked. I asked ped and they referred to him maybe needing braces one day, but it's really bothering me. Not b/c of braces, but just b/c it looks so different. It seems the way his front teeth are coming in (he has 4) is that they shot down before the gums developed b/c the peice...
Yara1, Funny you posted Incao's article... thanks for sharing that. I can't wait to read it. I hadn't finished reading this thread but knew I wanted to post this wonderful quote from Dr. Philllip Incao: "It takes a while to free our mind from the imprisonment, and our need to adhere to political correctedness for fear of being judged radical. Illness is a part of life. It is not alien or abnormal and has to be accepted as part of life. Every breakdown is a spiritual...
The 5 infants (God bless their souls and their families) who died of WC recently in CA were 3 mos or younger, so they may have had 1 dtap beginning at 2 mos (speculatory of course). Has anyone found out if these babies rec'd 1st vax? If an unvaxed baby did develop confirmewd WC, would there be any reason NOT to report it? Are parents and/or doctrors required to report it?
Hi, My question to you wonderful researching mamas is, what age do you think would be a safer age to vax. I know all vaxes at any age are not w/o risks, but my feeling so far is that the younger a baby is, the more vulnerable baby's brain and immune system is to a reaction. Is this a good conclusion? I recently read this really interesting article on NVIC.org Web site by Dr. Lawrence Palevsky about vaxes and babies' immune systems. If you scroll down he details TH1,...
Hi, Do you buy them larger than your kids' actual sizes, or would my kids be swimming in them if I did that? (drum riff hahahah!) Quote: Originally Posted by woodchick Swim Shirts like this one at Land's End
Does anyone's baby have cafe au lait spots? Ds now 11 mos has 2 of them since he was about 8 mos. The strange thing is that they get darker and more pronounced some days, and other days they are nearly completely invisible. Anyone else notice this? My baby developed them when he had a rash and virus (probably an adenovirus doc says), and they never completely went away. Just curious if other babies have this waxing and waning.
Does your baby have marks that come and go on your baby? About 3 months ago my DS had a virus that gave him red rashes on top and sides of his head. Since they first broke out, he also had to brown patches, one on his forehead, the other on his temple, that seem to wax and wane in color. I've noticed if he's got a cold or fighting something off, they get darker in color. Sometimes they almost completely disappear. I've asked his peds about them and got different answers...