or Connect

Posts by Penny4Them

Does your baby have marks that come and go on your baby? About 3 months ago my DS had a virus that gave him red rashes on top and sides of his head. Since they first broke out, he also had to brown patches, one on his forehead, the other on his temple, that seem to wax and wane in color. I've noticed if he's got a cold or fighting something off, they get darker in color. Sometimes they almost completely disappear. I've asked his peds about them and got different answers...
Thank you ladies. I'm feeling just terrible. I keep waxing and waning emotionally ... one minute I feel good, the next I'm in a sheer panic and dealing with terrible anxiety and worry (totally NOT like me). I think I had Lyme about 5 yrs ago (not dxed but it all makes sense now) and I think I was bitten again a couple weeks ago. Doc has given me Ceftin for one month and said it's class B abx so compatible with nursing. (Hale's Web site says ok too.) I don't have...
I was just dxed with Lyme Disease. I've had it for about 5 years, so I was PG with my now 10 mo DS, who is still my nursling. I'm worried about the possibility he may have Lyme, or if he doesn't have it, that he might contract it from my milk since my disease was mostly off the radar for the past 2 years (no symptoms). I'm going on a BFing safe ABX (per Hale's site), but still I'm so worried. I know I'll be giving him Lyme antibodies too, but is BM kind of like urine,...
Hi, I got lab test back today and I tested pos for Lyme disease. I'm sad about this, but so relieved to finally know what's been going on with me b/c I've been sick on and off for 5 years. This week I've been battling with a lot of mental issues, including sleeplessness, paranoia anxiety and panic attacks at night. Can anyone give me some ideas how I can combat these issues? It's terrible, especially when I have a little baby who needs me. When the anxiety comes, it's...
Hi Mommas. I'm new to this thread and very concerned about Lyme for me and my 10 mo baby. The past couple months I've had dull hip pain that the past couple days has really intensified. Tomorrow I'm going to my doc to investigate Lymes. What tests do I need to make sure I get? Does insurance cover the Western Blot (I understand this is the best test, although not 100% foolproof)? Does anyone know how or if blood pressure is effected by LD? I keep having episodes of...
Ds is 10 mos and although sleeping longer stretches (thank the stars) he still needs to be on me to fall asleep, and as he is drifting off he cries screams and yells. He HATES to fall asleep. It's sortof reminiscent of colic, but madder. I sing to him, and sometimes even echo his noises back to him which--oddly enough--have actually seemed to help him let go more quickly. It's really strange. Anyone else have similar experience with your older babe hating falling asleep?
Thanks for sharing this info. I was getting ready to ask a similar question for my 7 yo Dd. I have a vial in Washington kit but it's 30c ... is that optimal concentration? If not, where can I purchase a single vial and what c would be best? TIA!
A close friend of ours has a 3 yo who has endured a physical brain injury that has put him in a coma, now nearly for a month. He is showing some signs of improvement, but very slow. I desperately want to help them. I am currently nursing my baby, and would like to offer my extra breastmilk to help him to recover. I wonder if anyone knows of any research or stories of success from children (toddler age) that improved from brain injuries with BM treatment? Right now I...
Hi, I am doing something similar for our baby boy. Here is a beautiful article about a baby blessing. I particularly like the crown/stick ribbon idea, where you have guests write a special wish for the baby on ribbon and attach to a crown or stick that they can keep. http://www.illuminatedrose.com/artic...byblessing.htm also, I found another link in the Spirituality forum of MDC-AdeleMommy included a great list of links too. (Thanks to...
My 9mo ds has very ouchy eyes, I assume b/c we spent yesterday raking in our pollen-ridden garden. Does anyone do anything to help babies get used to pollen and lessen the eye rubbing? Poor little thing!!!!