or Connect

Posts by Indigomama

Hi There!   We are looking to move to the Litchfied County area of CT... husband will actually be working in Canaan.    We visited this weekend for the first time and I will have to say I fell in love... it's beautiful.   I do have a school age child...(4th...and a little guy as well) and my biggest concern really would be the schools.  We're open to living anywhere really in the whole NW corner of CT.   Any feedback on the different school systems would be...
My thyroid issue popped up initially during my first pregnancy. I actually didn't do anything because my doctor said everything was fine... but ultimately I ended up treating it. I'm assuming she referred you to an endocrinologist? If so, I'd recommend going just to get a second opinion on your blood tests as often times what labs consider normal are much wider numbers than what is optimum. Good resource for information is Mary Shomon's website onabout.com. Her...
Yeah... I feel like a big of dog doo doo anything above tsh is 2 too... The upper limit of TSH is 5 but the suggested upper limit is actually is 3. It means your pituatary gland is hitting your thyroid to keep making thyroid hormone cause your body is deprived. Lack of thyroid won't have any immediate impacts but it does contribute to many diseases and overall can lead you to feeling quite moon. After about 5 years of being misdiagnosed, I would safely say I was on...
so generally my endo takes cholesterol spikes as a sign as something isn't right with the thyroid matrix and starts testing that way. Pregnancy is generally hard on your thyroid and you can have spikes with hashimiotos due to your immune system going kind of wacky during and after pregnancy plus you have all this hormone stuff going on which totally wacks iut thyroid take in at the cellular level. net: i would be very skeptical of your endo and def second the fish oil...
So LOVE the ds There are actually a lot of games where they have to do a lot of reading, and with my DS that's a great thing overall. I guess he doesn't count it as reading if it's on the computer or on the ds. I actually made him chip up a substantial bit of the coinage by saving money and he buys all of his own games (either by saving his meager 3/wk allowance and buying used or stashing gift cards from nana and papa). We have a "technology limit" in the house...
So my sweet ems is gianormous .... just turned 10 months and is weighing in over 10 months. Put an exuberant personality and he's turned into the play date bully. He is still at the touch and pull everything stage to see what happens and well.... he's like really really unusually strong. He can take down a 3 year old standing. I'm sure this is going to get easier as he becomes more understanding of behavior but I'm struggling right now with what to do. Thankfully,...
Right now I'm dealing with a a B12 deficiency and have had a really difficult time with any supplements. The best one I have found is actually floradix iron which you then get all the other stuff as well B vitamins and iron. I'm nursing so I don't mind but not sure if most people would want the additional iron.
So... my 8 year old ds has started to get little pimples... very tiny with white heads on the sides of his face. Actually he's had them for a while on and off, they've just gotten to the point in the last few months as constant and noticeable. My gut says this is a reaction to something.... anyone have any experience with this? Right now I'm working on excluding/testing: laundry detergent. I can't completely exclude a reaction to the sun as it definitely got...
Just a comment on the thyroid issues- as a hypothyroid nursing mama I have been shocked at how drastically a small change in my thyroid levels has affected my milk supply. While getting your thyroid levels checked is a good thing to do, make sure you take the extra step and find out what they are and compare them to the "alt" normal values. Yes there ae two sets of normal -- what every lab in the US uses and what is actually recommended. A great reference guide to...
I'm in the same boat... My ds is a little older (almost 4 months) but we've been working on this since week 4 and some times he'll just SCREAM and won't take it at all no matter what. One thing I haven't tried but read on a breastfeeding facebook site is that you can try breastfeeding with nipple shields for a couple of days... and then the baby will be more friendly to bottles.. haven't tried it yet.