or Connect

Posts by Dixielane

To answer some questions, she has been sick the last 1.5 week with a cough and clear snot. She was on a nebulizer for the cough and it's improved.I myself am dying of allergies and I amreally wondering if she could have allergies causing all this. Pedi says no.The pedi did a re check today for her cough when she looked in her ear and said she saw fluid and puss.I'm not sure what course of action to take ESP when I can't visibly see signs of an infection... So I'm not sure...
So what can I do to treat it? She's not acting like it's painful. She gave her 400mg amoxicillan...twice a day for 10 days. She said since ear infections can cause loss of hearing she would use Antibiotics and acted like her being unvaxed made it more risky..?
Hi ladies. My DD is 11mo, EBF, and just got her first ear infection in one ear. It's not so bad, she isn't even fussy. Doc prescribed her antibiotics and I am unsure of them. Does anyone here treat ear infections alternatively? My doc said she would give her a slightly higher dose of antibiotics because she is unvax'd and bc the infection is likely pneumococcal .. Has anyone heard this? I just know it is not good to over use antibiotics... Sorry, First time mom and all!
I dont go to bed right when my DD does, usually about midnight (she goes to bed at 7pm)   How do I keep her in her crib while I am not laying there blocking the side to our bed? Our bed is dropped on the floor but there is still a 3 foot drop.   I'm at a loss what to do, and she is almost 10mo and is VERY VERY mobile. We are afraid shes going to crawl off the bed now. DH doesnt like it and thinks I need to put the crib back together.
** Waves ** Hi Ladies, I am new to this thread.   I'm considering starting FAM and wanted to go ahead and just get to the source and ask my questions here, if that's okay?   My husband and I have a 9mo daughter and over this period of time we've used condoms - and our sex life has gone out the window so much it is effecting our relationship. I don't want any sort of hormonal BC, or a Mirena - basically its condoms or FAM. We've been using the withdrawal method...
 We've tried.. her crying gets SOOOO much worse. DH works 4am-8pm so is not with her alot during the day, therefore she does not really find comfort with him when she is having a melt down.. ONLY mama will do. She gets inconsolable after he tries. Plus, he really needs his sleep waking up so early.
Next week.. thing is, she's been doing this now for 2 months. Waking every 30min to 1 hour usually (obviously more last night) unless I am in bed with her. My only solution is to go to bed at 8pm.. which i CANNOT DO for sanity reasons! (like her waking every 30 min till I go to bed at 2am keeps me sane - HAHA!)   I nurse her to sleep the 1st time --- if she wakes 30 min later I KNOW she isn't hungry. If its 1 hour later, I try to cuddle her back to sleep since I know...
So I have posted here about my LOs sleep toubles.. Well, we sidecarred a crib to our bed to give us more space but still "cosleep". So at night when I go to bed is nice, she has her space, we have ours, I nurse when I need to and we all sleep well together. She sleeps great WITH ME. BUT How do I solve this issue... Tonight she has woken up 6-8 times in a period of 2 hours, because I am not in bed with her. She sleeps like an angel if I am there, but I go to bed...
Hi all,   I have a Babys Dream "Serenity" crib, and the front posts of the crib are curved out (the part that touches our bed), making about a 6" space between her mattress and the bed. So we pulled her mattress out to meet ours, and its secure. But I want to make sure its tightly pushed against it, so I need to fill the "empty" space on the backside of the crib where the mattress has been pushed away. How can I fill that space making it flat and firm?   And...
No Ikea anywhere near me :(