or Connect

Posts by Dixielane

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn Pregnancy is counted under "preexisting conditions" even if the private insurance normally covers it, you need a special, very expensive plan to cover it despite the preexisting status if you aren't under group insurance. With my first, I signed up for insurance through university, being a student I was eligible for that. If you are eligible through work for any kind of benefits plan, use it! (yours or your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Peony If you are talking about private insurance with a maternity rider then that is not cheap. Private insurance does not automatically cover maternity, you pay extra for that. I've yet to see a private policy that doesn't have a waiting period before a pg can occur, many are one year. Which means you have to have the policy in place for one year before getting pg or else they will not cover if. I'd contact a insurance...
Hi everyone. I'm sorry in advance if this is the wrong catagory but I couldn't find one that quite fit. I am new here, and I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I'm married, and my husband and I really want to start a family. We both work full-time and make decent money but we don't have a whole lot "extra" and I am not on any kind of insurance which is our major concern. As a married woman, what are some good health insurance groups I could be on that...