or Connect

Posts by Dixielane

Very true. And good point, they can climb out eventually, or get up if they are in a big kid bed. I don't know that I want to hold a kid hostage in bed -- seems counterproductive.     And on the rice cereal, yes, I don't know why it's pushed so much, that stuff is GROSS. I can't see a breastfed baby who gets to experience different flavors in BM, enjoying rice cereal at all. I wonder how much flavor gets in breastmilk, because I eat very very spicey.. and so far the only...
 LOL Funny about the "future wives" thing.. haha!   Yes I EBF, and I am getting alot of comments because DD is not even on solids yet. We offer stuff, from puree, to real adult food but she hasn't really been interested enough to eat, and chew. Mostly lick, lol.   I've gotten comments like, "oh feed her rice cereal at night in her bottle to help her sleep".. then I counter that with "she refuses a bottle".. so they say "okay, well spoon feed her".. I say "She refuses to...
 Thank you! We hope to get a King soon, so that will help.   I was trying to let her sleep the 1st part of the night in her crib. Up till about 5 months, she slept 3 hour stretches in her PnP. But she outgrew the weight limit, and since then she stopped sleeping so good, and it possibly is also teething and I've heard around 6-8mo they get some seperation anxiety. I don't know if it was me and letting her sleep with us that caused her sleep issues, or just a natural phase...
If you had a baby who was fussy and refused to sleep totally in their own crib -- but you needed more space in your bed, and a way to give baby her own "area", how did sidecarring work for you?   My DD is teething, in a clingy/very needy phase, and trying to get her to sleep in her crib is just not working. Everytime we put her down, she cries hysterically and NO ONE gets any sleep.   So I decided to try a sidecar, but wanted to hear from moms who are doing...
 Thank you.. I do not know that I am (our or relationship) is cut out for extremely strict sleep training. I cannot sit and listen to her cry, and I have no problem nurturing her 100% right now, and my personal feeling is if we need "sleep training", we can approach it at an age where she has better concept of it.. I hope I am not just setting myself up for a spoiled toddler who refuses to ever sleep alone, lol.  I cannot count the number of times my family tells me "See,...
 Thanks everyone. What is the key function in a crib being a good sidecar? The crib I have, is unfortunately a $400 crib, but the front corners of it, stick WAY out, are very curvy. So it can never butt against our bed, there is always a 1ft gap. So I have sold it, and will use the $ to buy a new crib.. I am a little leery of buying cribs of craigslist..?
I have a Babies R Us, Target and Walmart... I am looking to buy a crib from one of these places that is sidecar friendly. The crib I have now, is not. I want a light pine, or natural wood color, for under $200.   Thank you!!
lol well, by chance, we have an empty house tonight!
blah! Doesnt work - our shower is too small, has nothing to "lean" or, sit on, or anything.. plus we have to use condoms and lube. We've tried this in the past but it NEVER works, lol.
Ohh well we can do it in like 3 min flat, not a prob there, LOL I'm suprised it doesnt kill the mood.. guess we are just happy to get what we can!! We've even opted for doing it in his truck (takes me back to pre-baby days LOL) but NOW we have encountered an issue of her refusing to take a bottle. So now, we can't have alone date nights. Come to think of it, that might help our sleep issue. I never get to see my DH, we can never go on dates without her, and if we do, we...