or Connect

Posts by Dixielane

I will try to answer everyones questions in one big post! lol   My concern/DHs concern with having her in bed with us, all the time, is -- we have NO sex. We currently are helping out his mom and sister, so they live with us. So we have no spare rooms. No privacy AT ALL. So the only time we can do anything, is in our bed. We cannot go on DATE nights, because thru countless battles, my DD refuses to take a bottle of breastmilk, so she goes on dates with us. It is...
We both had thrush over Thanksgiving.... went to pedi, got fluconazole for DD, and pedi recommended I use Lotramin AF for my nipples. I've cleaned her toys several times a week with Seventh Generation wipes, and boiled the ones that can be boiled.. we don't use bottles so I dont need to clean any of those...   Her mouth appears totally back to normal, no white patches.   I admit, during the time I was supposed to apply Lotramin, I constantly forgot. She said to...
Yes... Its been my choice to have her in bed with me, I like her close and we are both happiest all day/night touching eachother. BUT.. sometimes itd be nice to have my bed :( My husband cant ever cuddle me, and we barely ever see eachother so nighttime is our only "interaction".   So I don't know what to do. Is it too much to ask that she sleep in her bed most of the night, but then come into bed with me at 4am, and sleep till 8?   Our bed is also a queen. Hubby has...
I've done that.. Last night, I peed, almost decided to take a shower (with hubby right there 2 feet away, able to respond to her if she really flipped out) but before I even made it in shower she was SCREEEEAMING. It takes usually .5 seconds for a build up, and then she's lost it, and is choking from crying. Stops immediately if you pick her up.   Her daddy works a VERY hard job and has to supervise 50+ other men, and leaves at 4:15 am so his night time duties are...
My DD is 7mo....She has coslept with us from the beginning, but always has been able to do her own crib till now.   My husband has shared some concern that he would like the occasional night with me alone in bed, and so I have been working on her sleeping in her crib better. She goes to bed at 7:30, after a nice bath, but wakes usually every 2-3 hours, if not sooner. Sometimes even 30 minute intervals. I usually give up and bring her in the bed with me because I am...
Thank you that helps me! :)
Hubby and I DTD on CD 9.... Night before I had just stopped my period officially (brown spotting finished up)   We only used the withdrawal method, but he pulled out with enough time to finish himself.   Withdrawal/charting ladies, I am probably A-OK right? Just got a little paranoid, since lately I've been mostly using condoms and trying to stick with them!   Thanks!
marissa~  how did you intro meat first? because as of right now, at 6mo, my DD isnt very good with chewing/gumming yet.
I am not yet used to the new format of the board, so Im not sure how to reply with quotes. So..   elus ~ that's exactly what I thought. I didn't want to offered jarred foods, when I could just as easy find fresh fruits and veggies and let her nom on them, and if needed, mush them up some.  
Thanks ladies.. I knew I'd get good answers here!   So, if BM is rich in iron, why even supplement after 6mo to EBF babies, or is that sort of just a precaution ?   And for those who have BTDT, I guess, should I start offering her iron rich foods and see how it goes? It's intimidating for me since I don't want her to immediately want to replace breastmilk/nursing with foods. I know to offer it after feeding. How much would be enough to start with, to help with...