or Connect

Posts by Dixielane

She wasnt tested for it. Should I have her tested? My iron is OK, im fine.. and we have no reason to believe shes deficient.   As for cord clamping, well, we didn't have them WAIT if thats what you mean. She was born, and they cut it as per the "norm". I meant to have them wait, but after an 18 hr labor I forgot :P   Thanks for the links!
My DD is 6mo, and a very healthy chunky girl at 20lbs! I don't supplement, and to date she has only had mashed bananas, potatos, and I let her knaw her gums on cold whole carrots. Her pediatrician today though, said we "need" to start her on fortified rice cereal now, so she can take in iron.   She did not get her iron tested, but pedi said at 6mo, iron restores start to decline, and she needs a source of iron. I have no reason to think her levels would be low, OR...
Well Ive read kellymom and it sounds like we have it, but none of the articles say how to address it as a sole treatment.. like, vinegar is one method, but can JUST that cure it, or should you use a combo of things?   And she also has a minimal diaper rash. That might be linked, and none of the sites say how to treat that along with everything else?
My 6mo DD has some creamy white patches on the inside of her cheeks, kind of minimal but noticeable whenever her mouth is open. I wondered if they were just from the suction of breastfeeding, but NOW my nipples are bright red and splotchy and they feel prickly, kind of a burn like sensation when she nurses.. I first thought this was because she has started yanking them, so thought it might be nipple trauma. BUT the two things combined, made me realize she/we might have...
Hi, we are 1 hour from you. I'm glad to hear there is another crunchy momma here. What pediatrician do you use if I may ask, and are they non-vax friendly?   I am the only breastfeeding mom I know, and I have had a few people ask me what my sling was.. :)
I EBF my 5mo, and am wondering, if I take a high amount of vit. c will she get benefits from the vitamins thru my breastmilk? And what is a good, but safe sickness preventing dose of Vit. C if you are BFing?
Well I can't really get anything right now bc waiting on insurance.. Plus I don't think I'd feel comfortable WITH him ejaculating inside, and isnt that the purpose of a diapragm? To allow that along with spermicide? I'd still make him pull out, which wouldn't that defeat the idea? lol Does anyone have any articles on withdrawal supporting it? All I've heard as a con was the pre-cum thing, which everyone freaks about. We tried condoms a few nights ago and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thalia the Muse For the next few months, as a stop-gap, how about a diaphragm? If you have your period again, you're ovulating. dont you have to get fitted? itd be probably 3 weeks till i could go out that way, i live far away from an OB
Quote: Originally Posted by mommyin2008 You say he is comfortable using W/D, but meaning he doesnt care about the risk of a pg, or he is comfortable at how good he is at using it? I think it is a good choice for those couples who want to space their children apart and in the mean time not have to be on birth control. We have only used W/D since our son was born. He will be 3 in Feb. I do chart still, and know that we DTD when I am very fertile every...
Hubby and I just had a baby this last May. Since then our sex life has gone down the drain! I don't feel comfortable taking hormonal BC, I cannot get a Mirena yet for another 4 months due to insurance, and condoms are a huggggge FAIL for us everytime we try them. They hurt me, and feel terrible for DH. He is 100% comfortable doing the withdrawal method and this is what we used before we wanted a baby, we simply quit withdrawling when we decided we wanted one. I used to...