or Connect

Posts by Dixielane

Hi ladies, I didn't know where to post this since its a combination of sex/family planning issues, as well as a "adjusting to life with a baby" type issue. I have a great marriage but our sex life has gone bye-bye since our baby. I attribute most of this due to the fact that I do not wanna get pregnant right now, and I am totally unsure of any birth control to use. I do not want a Mirena or IUD (totally weirds me out), I don't want to take the pill because I don't want...
I think this might be a nipple bleb? I woke up this morning after LO nursing on my left side all night, and my nipple has a white dot on it. I had a minor, dull ache deep in the breast tissue so thought maybe this was a clogged duct? It at first was not leaking milk when squeezed but then I took a sterilized needle, and scraped it and milk immediately blobbed up and leaked out of it slowly once I scraped it.. now milk flows from it if I squeeze gently but the white...
No, this is why I asked, to know things like that. Breastfeeding is a VERY important issue for me. I'd be heartbroken if I lost my supply, or even if it got cut in half...
Hi ladies, I am wondering if anyone here can tell me exactly how safe a progestin only Birth control pill is while breastfeeding? I guess I have gotten more and more "crunchy" in regards to BFing, I eat healthy and avoid meds, so BC is a concern because I don't know much about it and how it might effect us. Does it decrease your supply? I've heard sometimes it can, but if it does, can you regain your normal supply back after stopping? Any info would be great....
Sorry this is kind of a cross post, I also posted it over to the vaccination board to get advice. I had a flu-like cold the last few days (sore throat, aches, heavy chest) now I just have a cough that is pretty minor that won't go away. I cough up phlem when I cough too. Now hubby has gotten sick, has a sore throat and congestion. My 4mo DD is very slightly coughing here and there today - she is exclusively BF. Seems very healthy otherwise. Would we know if it...
Quote: Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy just put up a bedrail on both sides of your bed. then rotate where baby sleeps throughout the night. your side, between you guys, on daddy's side. with my ds I was single and we coslept in a twin daybed for the first year of his life. dd is now five months and shares a standard size double bed with her dad and I. We do not own a crib, bassinet, or pack n play that can be slept in (we have a really old hand...
When my DD was born, I signed up for some sort of program that they said would help me get DDs medical records no matter what doctor I was it... is that the same thing? And if so, how do I opt out now?
What is a vax registry? I keep hearing about it on here.
Someone is offering me a nice twin matteress and boxsprings for $30.00 -- can this be used as a sidecar? Any ladies here use a twin for this purpose? We have a queen now, so adding a twin would give me and hubby a little more space.
My 4mo DD sleeps so well with me, and I love her co-sleeping since I EBF, but the problem is we have a Queen bed, and according to my hubby, I get pushy and kick him when he gets close to me in my sleep when she's on my side. I think its because I don't like him pushing against me, when I am trying to give DD plenty of space. So, does anyone know of a way to better co-sleep in a queen? I don't know what to do. My crib for her, also, is not very co-sleep friendly, I...