or Connect

Posts by Mama_Meghan

You guys are totally right. You have just flat out told me what I have been secretly thinking all this time. I thought it was selfish of me to keep my LO away from him. But when he does not attempt to see his son, why the hell should I make the effort for him. I spent 2 years doing everything for him...that part of my life is over. I want to thank you all for giving me the boost I needed. Since I posted this I have not contacted the X. And surprise..surprise...he...
Well first off. Good for you. You obviously realized this was not the right situation for you nor your family. As for having to rely on your parents. I feel your pain. I had nowhere to go in the middle of the night when I left...and drove 2 hours to my mom and dads with my little one sleeping in the back. That was a month ago and I am still living with them. It is only a temporary fix...but nonetheless...not much of an ego boost no. But I would keep trying...
Yup if its his, he sure has to!
I dont know if I am quite to the point of a lawyer. It has only been a month. But it definately something I am thinking about. And as for the email, he doesn't have a computer.
I also want to add that he is epileptic, and seeing that he has no money. That means there is no money for his medication. He has had a siezure seconds after holding our son before (he stopped taking his meds without me knowing), and it was the single most terrifying moment in my life. he was 2 months old at the time and my ex is 6"4 and fell hard stomach first, he would of landed on our son. It terrifies me to think of him being the only one around my son and having a...
One day...one week...one month will never compare. Something in his brain keeps him from seeing that. I know the type of person you are dealing with, because I am dealing with that right now as well. Its really hard when no matter how hard you try they only see and hear what they want to. Just stay strong and do what is right for you and your little one. Leave all his negative actions out of your life and carry on. You don't need nor deserve to feel as you do. ...
Hello again... I seem to only post when I am hurting, and I am sorry for that. I should be here through the good and the bad. But this is where I seem to turn late at night when sorrow seems to consume me. So just over a month ago I became a single mother. For that time the father of my son has not made an effort to see him (he only works 3-4 days a week). So a few days ago I called and told him I would drive to where he is so he could see his son. It was all...
Sounds like you are finding your feet really well. I am proud of you. Stay strong mama....you will succeed. I can feel it. :
Terranova: Thank you for your reply. I do not live in Vancouver. I don't need to worry about housing for atleast a couple of months. My parents have been more than generous in opening up their home. So my plan is to work like mad, and save up as much money as I can. I left with a car, my personal belongings and My sons belongings. I have no furniture, dishes, anything. So I am slowly going to rebuild a home over the next few months. As soon as I find employment. ...
AlwaysByMySide.... Your story brought tears to my eyes. Wow...you are amazing. You seem to have pulled through and risen out of the ashes. I am sure it was a tough (<-- understatement) road. I sincerely hope for all the of the best for you.