or Connect

Posts by Lineymom

My kids are 9, 7 and 2. Every summer we spend a lot of time at my mom's pool a few miles away. This past winter we found out a sexual offender had moved in 1/4 mile away thru the woods (the closest neighbor). He had been there last summer and we didn't know and I often took the kids while my parent were gone. Since then the offender has been arrested for possesion of a firearm and released. This has become a source of huge conflict with my dh. I have agreed that I...
Totally depends on the child's development as well as temperment.  I am going through heck with my 28mo dd.  My oldest ds nightweaned at 15-18 mo with no tears that I recall.  We did the whole dr sears "no more nummies til the sun comes up" and it was a breeze.  My middle ds, who was VERY high needs, did it easily at 22mo.  I have tried and given up so many times with this one.  I actually visited this forum looking for any new advice.  I am totally resenting nursing...
I live in a rural area.  We have been in a k12 virtual school for about 3 years now and luckily every time they had the standardized tests they were without 30min of us.  This time they will be 1hr and 20 min from us   My first grader has to go 2 days and my 3rd grader for a whole week.   I tried asking if we could test with a local hs group or even a public school, nope.  Is there a way to get out of taking them at all?
I have a 1st grader in K12 VA and we have to do dibels too!  I hate them and all the standardized testing practice our "teacher" adds as extra requirements, yuck! Yes, he could read it with lots of help.  He had a similiar passage for his last dibels.  They time their words per min and the child knows they are being timed which makes him more nervous.  On a passage like this he got 45 wpm where as an easier one when he was not so nervous he'd do 60. I did regular...
My DS just turned 6.  He is as healthy as can be.  Last saw the doc at 18mo.  Hasn't had a fever in probably 3yrs.  Anytime the rest of us get sick, he gets a milder version.   He is a very picky eater.  He lives off of pb and nuts.  He likes sweets and chips.  The only real solid food he will eat is pizza.  He has refused any meat and veggie all his life, but recently started eating pepperoni pizza (yay for the nutritional, huh).   I try to limit processed food...
Oh, yeah, we do the book thing, lol.  She has been big here lately on giving us false alarms just because she knows we'll drop whatever we are doing and take her to the potty and read a story. Unfortunately, we are still getting accidents a foot from the potty (not trying to get to it... just sitting there on the floor.  Her bblp is beside all her toys).  The  "on purpose" ones have improved lately.  Sometimes she takes herself, mostly she squawks out "PEE!..PEE!" for...
Thanks!  Great suggestions!  She does take herself to the potty some (starting at 15m), but recently really wants someone to come with her and look at a book or something with her.   
My nearly 19mo has been ECed since 8mo.  We have only had a few poop misses since 12mo.  Pee has ebb and flow (ha ha).  We were better out and about (on timing) before 1yr than after.  She tells me most of the time that she needs to pee, with an urgent loud squeaky squawk "PEE!.... PEE!"  while grabbing between her legs.  Much to people's laughter in public!  Sometimes she seems to use it as an excuse, such as wanting out of the carseat.  Around the house she is usually...
When my nearly 19mo has not gone in a long time and I know she needs to and am afraid she will soon have an accident, I sit her on the potty with a sippy of water (ice tea works even better for some reason).  At home, as another post so humorously put it, she will almost always pee in her little potty at the same time as me or her brother on the big potty.
I saw this on the new posts.  I don't have any experience with VBAC, but I do with SD.  My first was 10lb4.  He did not get stuck.  The second was 11lb1oz.  His shoulder was "hung" for a moment, but I was already doing some major pushing because his heartrate had dipped into the 60's due to cord compression.  I was in a typical hospital bed position.  When pregnant with my third, I decided to have a homebirth.  SD was my primary concern.  I was relieved that I was having...