or Connect

Posts by eatingfor3

I spent 16 minutes with my doctor's arm in my uterus. The external version for baby B worked, but then she put her arms above her head and flipped, so he did an internal version. She then put her arms above her head again and the cord threatened to prolaspe. He kept his hand up there to both hold her in place and to keep the cord for prolapsing. My doc was amazing and kept the ultrasound wand on my belly the entire time to keep an eye on her-- he KNEW how much I didn't...
 Baby Jogger and BeBe Love both have tripple joggers, but they are side by side. Overstock has some right now: http://www.overstock.com/Baby/BeBeLove-Aqua-Triple-Jogging-Stroller/5174231/product.html?rcmndsrc=2   There is one that is a tandem that will  hold 3 (or 4) http://www.stroller-advisor.com/runabout-triple-stroller.html I know of a couple of people who have them and like them.   There is the valco twin tri mode w/ toddler seat, as previously posted, but I...
I also EPed and now formula feed. Nursing for me, in general, is extremely difficult (I have major sensory issues) add to that the fact that I was alone w/ the twins and my 2 older kids (both under the age of 3, at the time) for the first 5 months after the twins were born and it would have been nearly impossible for me to exclusively nurse them. As it was, I ended up propping their bottles 98% of the time because someone *always* needed me. Plus, we lived way out in the...
I was only able to gain 30 pounds w/ my twin pregnancy, which was actually substantial compared to the 7 and 17 I gained w/ my singletons. I'm quite thin to begin with so the doctors were worried for me and wanted me to gain much more. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't eat as much as I should have because I felt like I was going to throw up every minute of every day and had zero appetite. my twins were born around 35 weeks and were 5lb 13oz and 5lb 8oz. Their heads...
I wear one baby through the whole shopping trip, either on my back in a backpack carrier or an ergo or in a ring sling and put the other in the seat part of the cart. So when I'm going into the store I wear that baby and carry the other. When I have to do a huge shopping and need the space I'll sometimes wear one baby on my back in the backpack and put the other baby in the ring sling. It's exhausting but works. As for the stroller, it will fit through the x-ray...
I felt baby B at 13 weeks and baby A at 17. The one who was "baby B" is still my mover
I had 4 dozen newborn prefolds, 12 kissluvs 0's (which were used by helpers) and 12 newborn/ x-small covers (thirsties). That worked very well for us for the newborn stage. I did buy preemie prefolds and 4 x-small fuzzibunz but the preemie prefolds were the exact same size as the newborn and so not worth the money (I didn't know any better or I wouldn't have gotten them) We never did use the fuzzibunz so they were a waste too. Once they were done w/ the newborn diapers...
Well, I guess I'm not really sure what exactly you mean by "dominant". I have one who does everything first: cut teeth first, rolled first, sat first, etc... but is really laid back. The other one is a little bit more of a "bully", likes to have what she wants when she sees it and will stop at nothing except her physical limitations to get it, and is slightly more needy: cries harder/ longer, wants to be held more, needs to be soothed more, etc... than the other. So...
Thanks, everyone, for your responses. Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly I would never, ever consider splitting my kids up. Can you imagine how horribly traumatic that would be for them??? I agree with a PP, get higher life insurance and leave them to someone who could take them all. Yes, I totally agree it would be traumatic for them. The problem we are having is that no one we know is equipped, emotionally, mentally or physically, to...
My husband and I chose someone we loved and trusted to take our children in the event that something happens to us but because of reasons beyond our control, this person will not be able to take our kids if, God forbid, needed. This person was not a family member but a very very good friend. Now we are stuck deciding what to do about guardianship. We are not comfortable with either of our parents taking our kids and none of our siblings are in a position to take on 4...