or Connect

Posts by SeattleRain

You are totally right. You can and should wake your babies as much as you want for your own sanity, understandably. I just want you, and everyone else who reads this thread and doesn't have the same circumstances, to know that in general, this isn't something that should be super high on your worrying list. The vast majority of regular term infants are just fine in their infant seats for limited amounts of time and even for slightly longer amounts of time than just 30...
It's really dangerous to leave kids sleeping in the car, particularly in July. Kids can actually die really quickly like that, cars heat up really fast.   I don't want to be nitpicky, but none of the studies linked are relevant to full-term infants. All of them deal with premature infants, who have risk factors for oxygen desaturation to begin with. If you have a preemie, you should definitely be concerned about leaving a baby in anything but a flat position (i.e....
Yeah I'm also going to second that going without infant seats for twins is way harder than a singleton. It's harder to babywear them without a lot of work so you're talking about carrying two infants in your hands with a toddler. I don't know... In the winter it might be a lot easier to get the babies all packed up so you can just run everyone into the ar and just strap in one toddler.   But if you're not doing the buckets, you should totally go with the Pria. It's...
I ended up reading all of them, twice actually. Someone put it well when they said "It's alot of icing and not alot of cake, but oh what icing it is!" It's fluff and fun but there are some parts that are still really disturbing to me. I think a lot of people have dated guys like Christian Grey without realizing it. They're brilliant minds, who are attractive (or attracting), but are moody and manic depressive. Sure, maybe they're not millionaires or maybe they're not sex...
I'm in the middle of reading the first one now and I'm extremely put off but the abusive tone of this book. First of all, the "dominant" in the book was essentially molested at 15 and kept as some kind of sex slave. He has a lot of issues and he exerts those by having to have control over the women he's with. In no way does that strike me as a healthy adult relationship, or one that should be glorified as "hot." I have no problem with the BDSM proclivity, but to have it...
After I had my son in July 2010, I had a Mirena IUD put in for BC. This is my 3rd IUD and I've never had any problems. In any case, For the past 18 months, I have had a host of seemingly unconnected problems that I'm now wondering are part of a greater hormonal imbalance. I had extended post partum depression and anxiety, and I now have a period for 3 days and then spot for another week or two until I ovulate and then it starts all over again. I rarely want to have sex...
I think that having an 18 month old that is using a potty during the day is a great achievement but I wouldn't push it at night. She's way on the early end of the developmental spectrum for PL, and that's a learned behavior she's awake to remember, you know what I mean? Learning to control nightwetting is totally different. I would look into ways to keep her dry in her night diapers, rather than look for ways for her to make it to the potty at night. I'd keep on with the...
So we bought Daniel a "newborn" Cabbage Patch doll which has been great! A great option if you're looking for something that is a little more on the gender neutral side. Anyways, I've seen so much progress in his mimicking skills since we got the doll. He kisses the doll and rocks the doll and snuggles him/her/it to him... and then chucks it over the baby gate, lol. So far we've been putting a bib on the doll and giving the doll his sippy cups. I realized after reading...
Car seats are rigorously tested against failure, so I think its inaccurate to say that since the car seat detaches, there is a higher rate of failure. It's simply factually not true. All car seats are subject to human error, and can fail based on your ability to install it correctly and strap the kid in. Leading people to believe that infant seats have "more points of failure" isn't any more true than convertible seats have any less.   The advantage to an infant seat is...
Masel is totally right, there is really nothing like Miralax. I tried everything with my son EVERYTHING, but nothing really worked like Miralax. Chances are that once you clear her out and everything is moving well after 4 weeks, you can just feed her regularly with a little extra fiber and things will go better.