or Connect

Posts by allical1284

I thought I had responded to the other thread regarding Injac and not accepting new non-vaxing patients, but I guess it didn't post  From what I understand, this is now the policy of all TCPA affiliate doctors (it wasn't just a personal decision made by Injac).  This really sucks for anyone looking for a new ped! All of the pedis I felt comfortable suggesting to new moms were all TCPA docs (with the exception of Krenie Stowe).  
Thanks for the update HeatherB! Glad to hear it went smoothly for you.  I will be flying solo with both the kiddos from IAH to Minneapolis in a few weeks, and I'm hoping to have a less-painful experience this time around compared to last.  
We had an amazing home birth in April with Paula Davis! We love her to death! Diana Nash attended the birth with her, and we really like her as well.  They pretty much just hung-out and let DH and I do our own thing and only stepped in when needed.  They are both so loving in their care; my DD runs up to hug Paula every time we see her.  
We set-up an appt. with him when I was pregnant with my DD and asked him all the relevant questions that we were concerned about.   He has been great for us!  We have two kids now, and he has been the only ped we've ever seen.  We don't vax; I am tandem nursing; our son is intact (and was born at home), etc... and we have never had any issues with him or his office.     Go meet him and decide for yourself :)   ETA: I guess I never answered your main question...
My good friend Anne Belk is a provisional Bradley Method instructor, she teaches classes in the Heights.  Here is her info: http://annebelk.blogspot.com/ Both of my kids are Bradley babies! I am a huge fan of the Bradley Method!!
NAK If she can make it to Kingwood, send her to Suzanne Juel! She is incredible and will work with her to improve latch. Here is contact info: https://www.facebook.com/KingwoodMerryGoRound?sk=info   She also hosts mommy support meetings on Tues., Weds, & Fridays at 9:00am and Saturdays at 10:30. These are very casual come and go events, and the group leaders (and other moms at the meetings) are there to offer support with breastfeeding.  These meetings are...
Trip update! We got back from our 11 day adventure around Nova Scotia this week, and I just wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful suggestions.  We had a really fantastic time. Our first weekend we flew into Halifax and got settled into our room at the Prince George Hotel (we stayed here for 8 days during DH's conference).  That weekend we drove out to Peggy's Cove, ate Dee Dee's ice cream, had a wonderful day at a beach in Queensland, and had another great day...
I just noticed in your siggy that you have a little one...just FYI in case she is going with you: the airports (especially IAH) have recently really cracked down on the babywearing through the security detectors.  I used to always walk through with DD in either the moby or the mei tai (both all fabric) with no problems whatsoever, but since about January of this year, I haven't been able to get away with it.  They have made me take the kiddo out AND remove the carrier...
I flew out of IAH last week with DH and the kids, and they were doing "random" selections for the body scanner.  They pull you aside and let you know that you've been selected when you step up to walk through the old school detector.  DH flies all the time for work, and he hasn't noticed any particular rhyme, reason, or pattern for the random selections.  We've never been picked in Houston.   I actually got picked in Halifax, Nova Scotia on our way back to the states...
Thank you again everyone! Amy, super thanks for the food recommendations! I've been slowly working on my itinerary this week...