or Connect

Posts by bezark

We also experienced a HUGE change when DS1 night weaned. For the first 2 years of his life he was up at least every 2 hours, Every. Single. Night. One 3-hour stretch a few times a year was like Christmas to me. He night weaned in exactly one night with no crying (I just covered up in a long-sleeved, high necked shirt. He fussed for a minute or two and then just gave up) and slept 11 hours straight by night 2. We went from frequent wakings and a constant need to...
Our house is all kinds of flip-flopped, but it works and it still appears normal.   Our foyer is our laundry/mud room. The washer and dryer are in a closet, but the hamper is right out in the open, directly across from the front door. When we first moved in the laundry was at the farthest corner of the creepy old basement while our bedroom was at the absolute farthest point from it on the second floor; huge pain. To get from one to the other you had to walk the...
This thread is a few weeks old so I hope you've solved your problem, but I thought I'd chime in anyway. Orange oil (Orange Glo cleaner) works like a dream. Once per summer, the first time I see an ant, I spray the entire perimeter of the kitchen; along to baseboards and toe kicks, inside window sills, where cabinets meet walls, in the exterior threshold, etc. It's worked for the whole season for the last 3 summers. It kills on contact *and* deters them, and it works...
I actually just measured the first floor yesterday since we're having our floors refinished soon. Downstairs is just over 850sf, upstairs is probably about 700. Two adults, a 3 year old, a 3 month old, and a small dog. It's actually too much space for us right now. We'll be moving in about a year and we're looking for a smaller, more open ranch.
I haven't bought anything yet and I won't for a while, but I have been looking at diapers, new carriers, car seats, etc. I got rid of all of my maternity clothes after DS was born so I'll be starting from scratch there, and I'll probably have to start soon. I know it's all bloat right now, but my pants are already uncomfortably tight. Fortunately, since this isn't our first rodeo, we know we won't actually need much. What we really need is to finish up all the work we've...
I think some kids just go through this stage. For DS it was from 3 weeks until about 3-4 months. It was awful. I cried every time we went anywhere. He cried so hard he vomited. It was rough. One day though, he just outgrew it. Nothing changed except his reaction. He's 27 months now, still RFing, and LOVES the car. 2 hours to the mountains is his idea of a good time. I agree with PPs- it's heartbreaking, I know, but i don't think it's at all comparable to CIO.
We don't do time outs for punishment. I guess what we do could be considered "time ins." DS is only 27 months, but when he's displaying some sort of undesirable behavior, one of us removes him from the situation, sits him down, and explains why what he's doing isn't acceptable. He's old enough now that he gets what we're saying and he's able to tell us that he's ready to be nice to the dog/mommy/daddy, stop banging on the window, etc. When he's done something that makes...
Only DH and my best friend know right now. We had a m/c in October, so add us to the extra cautious boat. We're going to try to hold out until at least 9-10 weeks.
Orange Glow! We had a huge ant problem as soon as the weather warmed up. I never really tried anything besides those little plastic baits and they didn't seem to work, but they were driving me crazy. One day a few weeks ago I saw a carpenter ant on the counter and I lost my marbles. We'd just paid a few hundred dollars to have a tree that was touching the house removed, since that's how/why they were coming in. There happened to be a bottle of Orange Glow on the...
I consider navy to be kind of a neutral. There aren't many colors that don't look good with it.