or Connect

Posts by bezark

Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X We had a poster here years ago who's MIL made the appt and the father was in on it with her. They where going to take the baby to give mom a break and take him to have it done. Lucky for the mom the MIL gave the dad's address as contact and they sent a letter to sign for concent and the mom got it or her little boy would have been circed. Wow. That kind of deception would be grounds for divorce for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by AnalogWife IMHO, anyone who says "it's dirty and gross" re: an intact penis sounds like the type of person who goes "ewwww" if someone is eating goat cheese or sushi or something one inch out of the American norm. Getting through narrow-mindedness like that is pretty tough, I've stopped trying. GL!! : Anyone who'd say something like that (obviously) without educating themselves is not someone who's going to...
I'm jumping in late here, but I just wanted to spread some more Birth Center love. : I'm due in 12 days (WOOHOO!) and I'm planning a water birth. I transferred there at 28 weeks from a privately practicing CNM in New Jersey, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. Like others have said, you don't exactly get to choose who attends your birth, but I promise you'll love each and every one of the midwives (by the way, only 4 of the 5 actually do births. You may never...
Thanks! I don't want to hijack the thread, but we're from NJ, and the good information came from The Birth Center in Wilmington, DE. There've been quite a few discussions about them elsewhere on the boards, and they really are fantastic.
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. DH and I were in the same boat as soon as we found out we were/are having a boy, and we JUST came to an agreement last weekend (with 3 weeks until our due date. Phew!) We mostly avoided the topic for the majority of those 17 weeks. The 2-3 times we tried to talk about it ended with me in tears and it wasn't getting us anywhere. Last weekend, we attended an information/discussion session at our birth center, and at the end the leader...