or Connect

Posts by bezark

I think it might be because we live in such an old house, but our toilets have to be flushed every time they're used. If not, we get a VERY strong sulfur smell, and that's just from urine.
I've been seriously considering getting both for a while now. The main level of our house is 1,500 square feet of hardwood and there just aren't enough hours in a day to keep them as clean as I'd like. Can the Roomba be used on hard floors? Can it go from the hard floor onto an area rug? I'd hate to have to roll up our massive jute rugs every time I want the house vacuumed.
I made this discovery a few months ago when we moved our washer and dryer to a more convenient location and it has been fabulous. The first time I had all of the laundry done at once, I ran out of closet and drawer space and said "Holy crap, this is ridiculous!" and went on a purging rampage. DH and I each have a set number of hangers in our closets and a rule that if we buy a new article of clothing, we have to get rid of one too. I usually have to do more than...
Quote: Originally Posted by thriftyqueen I love your bed! So cool!! Thank you! It's easily my favorite piece of furniture in the whole house. We got it from Target(.com) for a steal, if anyone's curious.
When we moved into this house, our first OUR house where we were allowed to paint as we wish, I immediately went nuts with the paint. I lived for so long with white, beige and the occasional pastel that I went a bit crazy at first. In the 3 months we've lived here, I've already had to REpaint every room with the crazy, bold colors because I've started craving light, fresh and cottage-y colors. I didn't take very many pictures because I wasn't in love with it, but my...
Our living room is pretty simple and kid friendly. We have plants, but they're on a tall sofa table that DS can't reach. We chose to skip a coffee table in favor of a large-ish end table and a sofa table so we'd have plenty of play space in the middle of the room. The plant on this table is fake, and the lamp is velcroed to the table. The chairs are white, but they're slipcovers that can be washed/bleached as often as necessary. The area rug here is 8x11", and DS...
Without seeing pictures, I'd also suggest black. I just painted my front door a nice, dark peacock/navy and I am in love. Our house is white though. Before and After We removed the storm door, so you can actually see it from the outside now.
I like our closets to be bright and fresh. They're all painted (or going to be) with Sherwin Williams' "Creamy." It's my absolute favorite off-white and I use it everywhere; all of the trim, the foyer, the faux wainscoting in the dining room, most ceilings, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by doubledutch is there someone (family or close friend) who would be happy to borrow it for a few years? This is what we did when we moved into our last, super-tiny house. We didn't have space for our beautiful 2 year old dining set, so we lent it to my aunt for the 2 years that we lived there since she'd just gotten her own post divorce apartment. We now live in a much larger house and I am SO glad we found...
I wouldn't worry about it. DS is about the same age and is 22lb and 29.5". He hasn't gained a single pound in more than a year; in fact, he lost one 6 weeks ago when he had roseola. He was off the charts at 4 months and 23lbs, and I think right now he's at 25%. We've gotten a second and third opinion, and we've been assured that he's healthy and normal. According to DH's baby book, he followed almost the exact same growth pattern, and he's 6'4" and 220lbs today....