or Connect

Posts by bezark

Normally we have a pretty rigid nap/bedtime schedule. For holidays and busy family days, I let DS sleep whenever he wants. Bed time is normally around 7:30; if we're out and about, we just treat it like a nap. If we're at someone house where I'd feel comfortable using their bed (parents, grandparents, etc), I'll lay with him and nurse him to sleep. If not, he sleeps in the Ergo. Usually, though, there's so much going on that he doesn't want to sleep. On...
DS is 8.5 months old and has 4 very sharp teeth. For the past month or so he's been testing them out on my nipples and it is driving me crazy. I've been consistently pulling him off and saying "no," but he just doesn't get it and I'm losing my patience. This is not something that I would wean over, but I need help. What's worked for you?
DS is 8.5 months. He just recently went from 3 to 2 naps per day. He usually wakes up between 8:30 and 9:30am and takes his first nap between 11am and noon, usually 40 minutes, but occasionally 90. He takes his second nap between 3 and 4pm, depending on how long nap #1 lasted. #2 is usually one of his "longer" naps, but I always make sure he's up by 4:45 at the latest or his whole schedule is thrown off for days.
DS is only 8.5 months, but his weight gain slowed dramatically between 4 and 5 months. He's only gained a pound since August. He was 23lb then and he's 24lb now. Until August, he was gaining about 12oz per week. He's normal and healthy and progressing well, he's just growing up rather than out.
DS is 8 months. 99% of the time, he naps in our bed. If we're out shopping, he sleeps in the Ergo without issue. If we happen to be driving at nap time (and he's not hungry), he'll fall asleep in the car. He must be nursed to sleep unless in the Ergo or car, and he's never tolerated being moved while asleep. We got rid of our crib for this reason.
DS is 8 months and has never been away from me for more than about 30 minutes. I know I could leave him for up to about 3 hours at this point (between naps/nursing. He doesn't take bottles and needs me to sleep), but I don't really have any desire to. I don't mind doing any shopping, errands, or social trips with him. And the only people I'd feel comfortable leaving him with are DH and my mom. When DH is home, I want to be with him, and my mom works. I imagine I'll feel...
DS was a car seat hater from about 3 weeks to 4 months (he's 8 months now). I think what helped him be okay with it was to gradually increase the length of our trips. I started out with just a quick trip around the block - if we made it home before he got upset, it was a success - and gradually went further and longer. He can now happily play in the car for about an hour, one way. As long as he's had sufficient mama time in between, he's fine for the drive home as well....
These chairs. I got 10 of them to use as dining room chairs. We don't have a dining room right now, or even space for a kitchen table (just a breakfast bar), but we will when we move in Feb/March. Now I'm on the hunt for the perfect table.
I keep a big rectangle basket (like this one) tucked behind the door. It's low enough to lift your foot and kick the shoe right into it, but big enough to store 5-6 pairs of shoes comfortably.
I love them. We have something sticky in almost every room of our house, though our aren't photos, just simple shapes. These on our breakfast bar A tree, blocked by junk, in DS's old room Birds in our room